i30 Owners Club

i30sr starting problem 1-2 times a month

Offline POWERMAD

• 1st Gear

• Sydney
Hi all,

I am about to get my 12 month service in December and had more problems that i am not sure are problems.

1. start issue still happens at least 1-2 times a month

2. taking off from starting position has a bit of a slow build up before the car moves and i not consistent sometimes it kicks in straight away other times sluggish.

3. slow speed rolling of the car then accelerating makes car Jagger then go forward.

4. i dont know if this is a problem after a 25 degree drive for 40 minutes turn off car engine fans go off has happened 3 times this week.

On another note any update on any new software nav update as i dont want to take the car in and find out i missed the last update and have to wait another year. 
  • 2017 i30 SR PD

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
start issue still happens at least 1-2 times a month

Hi POWERMAD

I decided to split your update to an existing "sr sarting problem", as the more topics we can highlight on this issue, the better.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
4. i dont know if this is a problem after a 25 degree drive for 40 minutes turn off car engine fans go off has happened 3 times this week.

Isn't this the normal thing when car had a fun run, finish the trip - turn engine off and you can hear fan kick in for a while longer 30 secs - 60 secs to cool down the car.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Isn't this the normal thing when car had a fun run, finish the trip - turn engine off and you can hear fan kick in for a while longer 30 secs - 60 secs to cool down the car.

Yes fans " kick in"  :goodjob2:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Beardyboy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all,

I am about to get my 12 month service in December and had more problems that i am not sure are problems.

1. start issue still happens at least 1-2 times a month

2. taking off from starting position has a bit of a slow build up before the car moves and i not consistent sometimes it kicks in straight away other times sluggish.

3. slow speed rolling of the car then accelerating makes car Jagger then go forward.

On another note any update on any new software nav update as i dont want to take the car in and find out i missed the last update and have to wait another year.

There is a software update for the i30 SR (PD) that is supposed to resolve all "hard to start" issue ie Cold start, Warm Start and rough idling.

Unfortunately, the update made no difference to my car  :confused: :( .Idling is still troublesome

• Formerly a 2018 PD2 SR DCT, White (Lemon)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal