• Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 14
  • Dot Users Online:

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

August 14, 2018, 07:47:39 by Npmr | Views: 685 | Comments: 13

Steering
Hi all, I have been posting about having bought a ‘new’ second generation (facelift) i30 (2016 model) . This was stored by Hyundai for a couple of years before selling with a few miles on a the clock.

I have noticed that it is making an annoying squeaking from the steering wheel mainly after driving for at least 1/2 hour. I think it’s higher up near the wheel as it squeaks when moving it up and down (ie without turning and engaging the lower part of the column) but it’s hard to tell. Of course it is intermittent, so in all likelihood it wouldn’t be noticeable if I took it back to the dealership, which in any case is some distance away.

I have posted a couple of YouTube clips:
August 08, 2018, 23:12:27 by elantraelite | Views: 1402 | Comments: 34

Gearbox
Hi all,

Never thought I'd have to post this, but we're starting to have some trouble with out 2017 i30 SR 1.6 DCT

It's happened three times now.

My partner was slowing down to enter a roundabout when it wouldn't engage again to pick up speed.

My partner isn't 100% sure but doesn't think the car's rpm's were increasing when he accelerated.

After releasing the accelerator and repeating one or two more times, it finally got power, picked a gear and has work fine since.

Has anyone had this issue?

Between my Santa Fe and the i30 and both being our first auto cars... Not impressed. I miss having a manual.

August 08, 2018, 06:09:36 by Dazzler | Views: 574 | Comments: 3

i30N
Local Hyundai dealer has just sold a couple of white ones. Local Lawyer has apparently got his name on this one. I'd probably still go the performance blue.

August 07, 2018, 08:26:47 by rjl | Views: 755 | Comments: 10

Radio
Hi Everyone

I got a 2018 i30 SR Premium PD2. I Just want to ask fellow i30 PD owners. Are any of you guys having issues sustaining a DAB radio
signal on your radios? I've only taken noticed now,  As I've always used spotify since taking ownership of the car. It can't seem to sustain a stable DAB signal while I'm listening, it just keeps cutting of, FM works perfectly fine tho.
I've done a re scan multiple times already. I've checked the DAB coverage in my area and it should be fairly good. But it cuts of regardless where I am, on the free way near the city etc.. I don't know if its an issue with the stations but I find it odd, because it happens everywhere.
Please watch the two examples below

[url=http...
August 03, 2018, 11:42:03 by chrisnka | Views: 744 | Comments: 34

Servicing
Roughly how much should it cost to have the oil cooler tested and replaced if a leak is found. We have been quoted £244 plus parts. Oil in coolant and head gasket passed the test.
August 02, 2018, 12:47:39 by tohis | Views: 284 | Comments: 4

i30 in the news
Hyundai has recently confirmed the N version of i30 Fastback coming soon. It will likely share the drivetrain and other technical stuff of the N hatchback.

Hyundai i30 Fastback N confirmed for late 2018 debut
July 31, 2018, 09:27:07 by LaboratoryRat | Views: 811 | Comments: 5

Oil
Hi All,

New comer to the forum here.

I have a 2010 model 1.6CRDI FD. the car is brilliant and drives perfectly, however the low oil warning light is on constantly.
Now I know what you are thinking and yes I have checked the oil level, numerous times.

This is the 3rd sensor that I have had and all 3 have failed in very short succession. they all work for a brief period of time then the ecu logs a fault. After 30 miles the low oil warning light will come on the dashboard. clearing the stored codes via the key dance will only clear the issue for 30 miles before it resets

The currently failed sensor was a genuine Hella unit purchased by the Hella part number of :- 6pr 009622 -121 which according ...
July 27, 2018, 19:14:26 by nzenigma | Views: 363 | Comments: 7

Clutch
For owners who have Dual Clutch Transmission, have you noticed a constant clicking noise?

I have acquired a 2015 Diesel i30 with 7 speed DCT. It has travelled about 80,000 km.

There is a continuous rhythmic clicking noise when idling and in Park or Neutral. Noise disappears at 1100 rpm +.

It also appears in Drive as revs fall back toward 1000rpm.

Some US Veloster owners have complained about clicking. Hyundai says it is the transmission going through a self test;  but some seem to indicate a more prolonged noise like this guy.
While he looks the part in a nice racy jacket and cap, he still cant find the noise. BUT, that is exactly what I can hear.  [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...
July 25, 2018, 15:37:12 by Soegaard | Views: 995 | Comments: 17

Rattle
Hello everyone.

I just bought a used i30 1.6 crdi 180000km at the clock.

I have a noise / mechanical problem with the car.

When the engine is cold i get a weird rattle / metallic sliding noise from the belt / alternator area. This is only present when the car idles an goes away after 2-3 minutes og idling / driving.  Other times, the noise dos not appear.

So far, I have replaced -
the belt with a new original
The idler pulley
The tensioner pulley, but not the tensioner. It seems to be working fine.

The problem gets worse if I turn on the cars electric functions, like the rear heated window. I have tried stating the car without the belt, and the noise has not appeared....
July 24, 2018, 19:14:47 by Pikapolonica | Views: 573 | Comments: 16

Mats
Just purchased these non-genuine floor mats off eBay:  :link: Compatible With: Hyundai i30 PD Car Floor Mats (2017-On) | eBay

I had initially wanted to purchase genuine ones:  :link: New Genuine Hyundai PD i30 2017 Tailored Carpet Floor Mats set of 4 G3A20APH00 | eBay, except they stuffed me around, telling me that attempted to deliver to my workplace on two occasions and apparently they couldn't contact me on my mobile (bulltish).

Anyone else use non-genuine mats?  Also, is it easy to screw them in?  Obviously I'll need to drill holes in the floor, correct?
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15

Calendar

September 2018
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler
75 Posts