i30 Owners Club

Keeping things from moving around in boot

cleid · 21 · 8910

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm looking for ways to keep shopping/etc from moving around in the Tourer's boot. Does anyone have experience with the Hyundai boot organiser?

:link: Genuine Hyundai GD I30 Hatch Tourer Cargo Organiser Storage Solution 99F70AQ232H | eBay

Other suggestions are also welcome.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:23:35 by cleid »
  • 2013 i30 Tourer 1.6 CRDi 128PS (6spd auto)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cant you just use some boxes that your local grocer will give you for free :undecided: or use the cargo net supplied with your vehicle to simply cover your shopping to stop it sliding around.

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'd rather avoid cardboard but you're giving me an idea, might look into those collapsible storage boxes.

The net I have is designed to keep cargo from flying into the cabin, are we talking about the same thing?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Probably not, my net is designed to attach to the four metal lugs on the floor of the boot...comes in handy to secure down everything from shopping to Gas bottles :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I keep a blanket in the boot... :D
I just spread the blanket over all of the shopping which pretty much keeps it from sliding around and has the added bonus of keeping things a little cooler until I get home...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Kmart has an organiser similar to the Hyundai one but much,much cheaper. I use one in my Calais.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Some great ideas here, thanks all.

CraigB I will look into the cargo net solution as that sounds quite practical. I did find a few for the FD wagon on eBay but I'm not sure how well they'd fit a GD wagon.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Some great ideas here, thanks all.

CraigB I will look into the cargo net solution as that sounds quite practical. I did find a few for the FD wagon on eBay but I'm not sure how well they'd fit a GD wagon.
Yeah I find the net quite handy, It's an elastic net with a snap clip on each of the four corners but it'll only work if you have the tie down lugs which I'm not sure if yours has :undecided:

Offline les goodyer

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Illawarra, NSW
I would suggest NOT using the hold down loops in the luggage areas they are plastic and pull off very easily  It will take a serious accident to get these change to metal like most other cars

• I30 1.6 diesel

Offline les goodyer

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Illawarra, NSW
only the forward loops are metal , a light tug on the rear plastic ones will result in the loop coming off
  • I30 1.6 diesel

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hmm, that must be a different model you're talking about Les? On my GD wagon all the available anchor points are metal.

The ones near the back seat are heavy duty as they are designed to hold the removable cargo net, which needs to be tensioned quite hard. I've also used the rear ones to strap down furniture with no issues.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
In my 2008 there's 4 metal hooks in the bottom of the boot... I haven't noticed any of plastic.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Has anyone been using the baghooks on the sides? I've used them occasionally with big shopping loads and the hooked bags help hold the remainder.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Has anyone been using the baghooks on the sides? I've used them occasionally with big shopping loads and the hooked bags help hold the remainder.
Use them all the time.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I would suggest NOT using the hold down loops in the luggage areas they are plastic and pull off very easily  It will take a serious accident to get these change to metal like most other cars
As others have mentioned the luggage loops in mine are also metal/steel.

Offline Bitsumishi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Queensland
I purchased one of these for my son who keeps a heavy box full of tools in the boot that rolled over every time he flung(!) his Falcon around a corner. I was amazed that this actually worked!
They are out of stock at the moment - usual price is around $40-$50 - or may have exhausted all stock at that price. Worth trying to find elsewhere though. Now that I've seen it in action I wouldn't mind one myself!
:link: Stayhold Value Car Tidy Pack | eBay
  • 2011 i30 SX CRDi

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
As others have mentioned the luggage loops in mine are also metal/steel.
Just had a look at mine.
The little hoops are metal, but they are mounted in a hard plastic surround. Doubt you could break them though. Feel pretty solid.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
I want something similar for my new i30.  I think Reject Shop have something similar to the Hyundai cargo boxes or whatever it's called.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yeah, I remember seeing that, but eBay is still the most comfortable, comprehensive and economical way to get what you're after, Pik. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red