i30 Owners Club

fitting your own filters.

John B · 4 · 1596

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Just interested to know that when a service is due and you supply your own genuine pollen and engine air intake filters ,  do you let the service centre fit them or being  only a 5 min job do you fit them yourself before taking the car in. I wondered  for the sake of warranty if they need to sight them and fit them before stamping the book. I am also concerned they may be reluctant to knock off the cost of the filters if you fit them yourself.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
My guess would be :
The Labour component of the service would include fitting of those filters and warranty would rely on correct fitment. 
They can't charge you for what you supply if it's the genuine part or , items meet or exceed  genuine specs.
That was my experience with Mitsubishi  anyway.
PS  Had a 5 year warranty deal as part of purchase,  had to use them - (absolute crooks) so i always demand to see the old ones. I marked the old ones on the underside  or on the filter material with permanent marker before service.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cabin filter they will only replace with your permission after notifying you that it's dirty and it's not included in standard service costs, I always supply and fit my own as it's an easy job and cheaper than their one.

Air filter if dirty they will change so if you supply your own they have to remove their cost, I use a cleanable K&N filter which in the long run is far cheaper than using throw away oem filters that have restricted air flow.

As I use premium fuels I also tell them to deduct their fuel treatment from my bill.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks Craig & Mickd,   @ Craig  I also use premium fuel as well and never gave it a thought about not using fuel treatment, thanks for the tip.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal