i30 Owners Club

Workshop supplies

John B · 6 · 2229

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Just been having a look at Hyundai iCare plan and it states what is covered in the plan. One of the things included is sundries such as oil and waste recycling and/or removal, workshop supplies. Looking back on old post I have noticed that it appears workshop supplies seem to be charged as an extra cost of $14 / $15 . I wonder if this is the norm. Due for the 48 month service soon so I am trying to make sure the cost will be correct. Bit peeved, got to have a big service time wise at only 14.500 ks. Been quoted for capped price of $375. 
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Maybe "workshop supplies" covers items like disposable gloves, swarfega/cleansing agent, plasters for cut fingers...?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Been quoted for capped price of $375.
I thought the capped price was $220...that's what my capped service plan is :confused: minus the oil I supply which brings it down to $180.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Capped price -depends on the going rate on the day. Much like fish I think,  what the market will bear.
Our GD was about  $270 ( roughly ) and when we bought it no one mentioned a capped price deal at all.  When  got the 30k km done I asked for the price and  they just asked month & year of purchase and gave me a price. Oh and renewed road assistance   👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I thought the capped price was $220...that's what my capped service plan is :confused: minus the oil I supply which brings it down to $180.

Wow that's not bad Craig. Is that for a 48 month service ? I know this service includes fuel filter ect.

EDIT.   Just been on Hyundai site . quotes $ 410 for the  48 months /60.000 km service.  :confused: This for my Daughters 2013 GD petrol auto with 30.000 km

:link: Get a Service Quote | Hyundai Australia
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:23:59 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Wow that's not bad Craig. Is that for a 48 month service ? I know this service includes fuel filter ect.
None of my services have ever gone over $220, usually $180 and cheapest ever was $160 at the 3 year service, 4 year service included brake fluid change and the upcoming 5 year will be new coolant.

The service guy told me at last visit they use 10 year coolant in them here but they still replace at 5 years because the lubricant properties start to break down, I'll be using a new centre for the 5 year so will be interesting to see if prices are similar :fingers:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal