i30 Owners Club

is it possible to upgrade parts?

Offline jferguson

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Alva
Hi guys,

I just got my i30 a few days ago and was rather disappointed that even though it is a late 2013 model it doesn't come with auto wipers/lights as standard.

Is it possible to upgrade the car to get them installed??

Another niggle I have is that there is no rear window wash jet.
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 Active Blue Drive Crdi (109), 1582CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Anything is possible if you have enough money...

I'm not sure what would be required, but I suspect at minimum there would be some sort of sensor which may or may not be in the car already and a new stalk for the windscreen wipers.

Personally not a big fan of auto stuff, seems the computer and I have different expectations of when stuff should come on.

Update found this link :link: How It Works: Automatic Windshield Wipers

Tells how they work. If the sensor isn't already there I suspect it would be major surgery to put it in....Someone might have played with the i30 enough to tell you just how much surgery it would need.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi guys,

I just got my i30 a few days ago and was rather disappointed that even though it is a late 2013 model it doesn't come with auto wipers/lights as standard.

If you've had good experience with auto headlights and wipers (like I have) they are missed when you lose them. I like how auto wipers vary the speed to suit the amount of rain falling. Sometimes things like dash mats can wreak havoc with the auto light sensor.

Hyundai and Toyota (and I'm sure others too) have both been known to drop these features on lower models in the hope that people will opt for a higher/dearer model with more margin.

I'm sure all versions of the i30 came/come with rear window wash jets. In some models it is built into the upper brake light.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jferguson

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Alva
Hi guys,

If you've had good experience with auto headlights and wipers (like I have) they are missed when you lose them. I like how auto wipers vary the speed to suit the amount of rain falling. Sometimes things like dash mats can wreak havoc with the auto light sensor.

Hyundai and Toyota (and I'm sure others too) have both been known to drop these features on lower models in the hope that people will opt for a higher/dearer model with more margin.

I'm sure all versions of the i30 came/come with rear window wash jets. In some models it is built into the upper brake light.  :undecided:
There is nothing there. The steering stalk seems to think I have one and the wipers do what you would expect when using it hut nothing comes out.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi guys,

There is nothing there. The steering stalk seems to think I have one and the wipers do what you would expect when using it hut nothing comes out.

The outlet is pretty hard to see it is just a divet in the red plastic brake light plastic at one end (the end above the wiper when parked) sounds like the water pipe to the jet is blocked (they both feed off the front washer bottle)  :cool:

Have you got any warranty left to get it checked?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Might be a dumb question but does the washer bottle have fluid in it :undecided: If you lift the rear hatch there should be a washer hose line next to the wiring grommet behind the top brake light, you can unplug the joiner to see if the water nozzle might be blocked.

Offline jferguson

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Alva
I still have warranty until the end of November. The front screen was is working perfect so that indicates to me that there is plenty screens showing there

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The pov pack FD didn't have a rear jet from memory.

I have auto headlights, but the headlight issue I had on the CW (until the long life globes went in) has me reluctant to use it. I had auto wipers on the hire Kia, but we had a difference of opinion as to when they needed to be used and the speed they should be used at.

That said I have friends who love auto everything, so perhaps I am just in the minority (ie weird).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The pov pack FD didn't have a rear jet from memory.

I have auto headlights, but the headlight issue I had on the CW (until the long life globes went in) has me reluctant to use it. I had auto wipers on the hire Kia, but we had a difference of opinion as to when they needed to be used and the speed they should be used at.

That said I have friends who love auto everything, so perhaps I am just in the minority (ie weird).

With the Auto wipers the Camry hybrid was brilliant at when and how fast. The Calais was too slow to detect rain but ok with speed and the SR is almost as good as the Camry was. The first Camry hybrid was so good it spoilt me with that feature it's now almost a must have.  :cool:

Auto lights are good until they turn them off at the service so you drive half way across Kingscliff in the dark with only your DRL's on...  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal