i30 Owners Club

I30 CW LHRear door cant unlock, cant OPEN DOOR!!!

Offline johnnoguitar

• 1st Gear

• Maitland NSW Australia
I think the actuator for the Electric locking mechanism has failed, and I have heard it can cost about $500 to fit a new one, which I cant afford, so is there any way to bypass the Electric door locking and convert it to manual just so i can lock and unlock there door from the inside latch.
  • i30 CW 2010

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Johnno and  :welcome: ,

I believe a capable D.I.. person could do it with instructions "somewhere" on here or via youtube for a lot less than $500. I doubt it can be converted to manual just on one door. (or all doors for that matter)  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
81410-2L210

Yeah , it's an awkward job, everything needs to come out including the window  and mechanism. I'd try wreckers for one but check fist with thw dealership what they charge. Hatch and wagon will not be the same either

You could try and disconnect the harness which will be an effort to get to anyway but that may cause the body control module to do something funny. But the effort to get to that is probably 75% of replacing the lock anyway
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:26:26 by tw2005 »
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
With rear door, do you mean the trunk door? Or do you mean the rear side door?

Modified: I guess you mean the rear side door. Doesn't the manual switch (the one with red indicator) work at all?
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline johnnoguitar

• 1st Gear

• Maitland NSW Australia
Rear Left door, cant open the lock either with the key button or with the switch on the door. Cant get it open to have a look at it even.
  • i30 CW 2010

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal