i30 Owners Club

Hatch lock cover

kblake · 9 · 2484

Offline kblake

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Roselands, Sydney
Hi all,
I have a 2013 i30 and today the hatch lock cover has fallen off.
It looks like part of it fell previously and the rest has fallen off in my hand when I opened it (a white piece of plastic and a spring)
The lock still functions but its just the cover that has broken.
Can you buy these covers separately and install it myself ? or is it a trip to the service centre to get ripped off lol...
Cheers
Keith
  • i30 active 2013

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi all,
It looks like part of it fell previously and the rest has fallen off in my hand when I opened it (a white piece of plastic and a spring)
Can you buy these covers separately and install it myself ? or is it a trip to the service centre to get ripped off lol...
Cheers
Keith
Discussed very very recently by eye30 in the UK who managed to talk Hyundai into replacing it free.

In short, no they are not available, whole assembly

I've put the part number in thet other thread and they are very cheap from Korea direct but by all means get a price from the local dealer.

So options are new ,local, new from Korea or used from wreckers, ebay or gumtree.

I have spotted one used for sale hut it's an age thing so I'd go new ex Korea and wait.

That's what i'm doing for pair of OEMball joints @ $100 pair delivered. $160 ea at the dealer .

:goodjob2:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
5 year warranty?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Here's a link to the previotus thread...

:link: Hatch release
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline kblake

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Roselands, Sydney
Just out of warranty
  • i30 active 2013

Offline kblake

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Roselands, Sydney
Hi all,
Cheers
Keith
Discussed very very recently by eye30 in the UK who managed to talk Hyundai into replacing it free.

I've put the part number in thet other thread and they are very cheap from Korea direct but by all means get a price from the local dealer.

So options are new ,local, new from Korea or used from wreckers, ebay or gumtree.

I have spotted one used for sale hut it's an age thing so I'd go new ex Korea and wait.

That's what i'm doing for pair of OEMball joints @ $100 pair delivered. $160 ea at the dealer .

Thanks for the reply... Will check out the other thread... Rotten thing I had it back at the dealer a few months ago to get a few things fixed before warranty ran out... and now its run out lol...
  • i30 active 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
See my thread.

How much out of warranty?

Enquire at dealers for price but if same as in uk you have to buy complete unit for in uk £48.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi all,
Cheers
Keith

Thanks for the reply... Will check out the other thread... Rotten thing I had it back at the dealer a few months ago to get a few things fixed before warranty ran out... and now its run out lol...
Maybe try a wrecker if Hy doesn't help.
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Do your homework, wrecker is likely wanting as much or than a new one online.

Hard lesson learnt then with the wty because I trust you use the handle fairly regularly , was it not obvious it was falling apart?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal