i30 Owners Club

Sporty N-line model for the UK

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hyundai have introduced a sporty looking new variant of the i30 in the UK with some styling hints from the N. I don't think anyone has shared a link to this yet.

Because Australia get a 1.6 SR sports  version I can't see them doing it in  Australia,  but I could be wrong.

:link: New Hyundai i30 N-Line warm hatch revealed | Auto Express
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Thanks Dazz - looks great! I want those seats!
  • MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No worries!  I did find the N seats a bit more comfy than mine. Although mine are pretty good.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Another good look at what is available. :link: Hyundai i30 N Line revealed - Car News | CarsGuide

But I wonder if it will only be available on new cars only.   Or if can be retro fitted..
Also interesting to see it has the exhaust on the one side rather than the twin outlets on our SR models
I do prefer that rear bumper design to what is on the SR.   Would make it easier for exhaust upgrades
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Another good look at what is available. :link: Hyundai i30 N Line revealed - Car News | CarsGuide
But I wonder if it will only be available on new cars only.   Or if can be retro fitted..
No main body shape change, it's just the front and rear bumpers so if you want to pay the exorbitant price that Hyundai will hit you with it'll fit :) as would the N bumpers will also fit.

Whether they match up with the sensor (autonomous cruise) in the badge I don't know, and a different crash impact foam maybe required :undecided:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The changes are so subtle, I'm not sure what they are. If it were my model, I think I'd rather have the fun of finding an aftermarket body kit and touch-ups if and when they come.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
:link: Hyundai i30 N-Line revealed | Drive.com.au

Or perhaps it is Oz bound.....

Mind you it will miss out on the Brembo brakes....Which is hard to do given the N's brakes are developed in house......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:link: Hyundai i30 N-Line revealed | Drive.com.au

Or perhaps it is Oz bound.....

Mind you it will miss out on the Brembo brakes....Which is hard to do given the N's brakes are developed in house......

Interesting! I think I prefer the rear diffuser on the SR with an exhaust pipe on either side.

Wonder where the pricing will fall? 

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
When you look at what the Euro N Line is the Australian SR is already better imo, the SR might not have those nice N model seats but the SR comes with sport suspension standard with independent rear and also has the 1.6 turbo which is over an above the 1.4ltr turbo with only 100kw.

There isn't that much of a difference in the bumpers really an like Dazz I prefer the dual exhaust tips, I wouldn't bother changing to dual tips but if it comes with it standard then it's a bonus  :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:09:01 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal