i30 Owners Club

Broken Vent grill

Hunter · 12 · 5228

Offline Hunter

• 1st Gear

• ma Morocco
Hello guys,

I woke up today to a broken vent grill , it's not totally broken.
I tried to repair it but i'm facing some issues .. it's not going in .. please reffer to the pictures my english is not that good.

Any kind of help is much appreciated.

• I30 1.6 crdi 2011

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Hunter. Your English is a lot better than my Moroccan!

All I can suggest is compare it with the one on the other side to identify what is broken/missing. It is not a common issue reported on here. If you identify something is indeed broken (and not just come loose or unclipped) then hopefully you can source a part from a car dismantler/wrecking yard. THat would be cheaper than a new part from the dealer.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hunter

• 1st Gear

• ma Morocco
 :crazy2: yaay finally a reply.

Hi dazzler, i can teach you a few morrocan curse words if you want.

I've embed a utube video to better explain the issue.

Thanks for your time man  :goodjob2:

• I30 1.6 crdi 2011

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The video was a good idea! If it came out then there must be a way of getting it back in without dismantling the dash. Hopefully someone has some ideas.

It doesn't look to be broken from what I can see.

Have you asked the local Hyundai reseller if there is an easy way or some trick to get it back in? Have you studied the one on the other side?  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I cant offer much help, all I could suggest is trying to replicate what the other vent looks like :undecided: I can see the surround is cracked in lower right corner.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The vents are assembled and mounted from the rear of the centre fascia unit which runs from the bin in the dash down to the rear heater and hazard buttons.

I don't understand how you wake up to it falling out but i can see the lower right corner of the vent assembly is cracked and broken.

It also appears the slider that allows for the fins to be adjusted is missing.

May be smarter to remove the lot and try to fix

see if this video helps, you can get these parts new separately.

:link: i30 fascia - Google Search
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
You'd have a better chance removing the front fascia I think.

Have a look at some of the stickies in the audio board. For example, :link: HOW TO: FD Body - OEM (2DIN) headunit - Fascia Removal/Refitting
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Hunter

• 1st Gear

• ma Morocco
I've spent yesterday's morning  trying to figure it out .
And yes … I've studied the other side but in vain .. i don't think it can be put from the front , that's why i seeked help here  :D
Ps: it came out cause the round switch that blocks/unblocks the air was broken from the inside so there was space for the vent grill to come .. i've  fixed it with glue.

Ps2 : you wouldn't get much of a help from anyone here (in  morocco) without paying .

Edit : Shambles,tw2005 That's what i thought .. thanks guys for the links , i'll check them out and come back to you guys with good news hopefully  :happydance:

Thank you very much for your help, guys  :goodjob:
  • I30 1.6 crdi 2011

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline Hunter

• 1st Gear

• ma Morocco
Hey guys
I'm trying to remove the fascia but in vain .. the pins do not come out of their places n i'm afraid if i apply mutch force i'll end up breaking them.
I've seen this video for the model i have . He makes it look fairly easy and i hate him for that 😂
:link: Radio Hyundai i30 / Desmontar radio Hyundai i30 / Car audio Las Fuentes - YouTube

Is there a special way to remove the fascia or ahould i just keep trying the way he did it ?
If you have a good quality picture of the pins please post it ... I need to see how they look to understand how to open them .
  • I30 1.6 crdi 2011

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Are you using a trim tool to get under the fascia? once it's started at the base like shown it will come away easy enough, they can need a bit of extra force but if you keep following what shown there you'll be right :goodjob2:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hey guys
I'm trying to remove the fascia but in vain .. the pins do not come out of their places n i'm afraid if i apply mutch force i'll end up breaking them.
I've seen this video for the model i have . He makes it look fairly easy and i hate him for that 😂
:link: Radio Hyundai i30 / Desmontar radio Hyundai i30 / Car audio Las Fuentes - YouTube

Is there a special way to remove the fascia or ahould i just keep trying the way he did it ?
If you have a good quality picture of the pins please post it ... I need to see how they look to understand how to open them .
What's wrong with the images i linked? I can see clearly all the clips and where the screws are to be removed. first step is remove screws from top bin, remove bin, then there is a screw  in the centre rear top, then pulls out, the clips can be quite firm, try doing a corner and work around it slowly.

If you don't have the top bin then it should be as in the video, notice he started in the corner
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal