i30 Owners Club

1.6 CRDi Lambda/O2 sensor disturbing voltage readings

Offline Bogdan1986

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Denmark
In my quest to find a solution to the EGR problem we discussed at length in this thread :link: Hyundai I30 1.6 CRDI - errorcode p0404 EGR-Valve. Please help :) , I went ahead and checked the upstream O2 sensor with a multimeter (OEN 393504A410).

The connection plug looks similar to the one in the picture. Voltage measurements of each lead are:
1. 1.95 V
2. 2.5 V
3. 12 V
4. 12 V
5. 1.95 V
6. 2.67 V
These voltages were stable at idle, 2500 rpm and with key on, engine off. No fluctuations whatsoever.
From my research, I think the signal wire is nr. 6 and it should be somewhere between 0.1 V and 0.9 V and it should fluctuate. Or am I wrong?
I drove the car for a bit with the sensor disconnected, and there was no change. It had the same symptoms as before, and the check engine light did not come on. I checked for logged codes with my obd2 bluetooth adapter and found only one code... I forgot the number, but the description said oxygen sensor heater circuit high voltage. Nothing else...
Anyone out there in possession of normal specs for this part? Do you think the PCM might be faulty? I would appreciate some help  :)
  • 2012 FD Estate, 1.6lt CRDi Blue, Manual, Sleek Silver

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
If you're using a multimeter for reading the voltages on the output then you'd be wasting your time as the resolution of the meter is unlikely going to keep up with it.

Live data should be able to show the fluctuations, the rest I can't comment on at the moment
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal