Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
At last the garage is almost sorted.

LHS using existing wooden bench.

Toilet,  dryer and centre row of cabinets,

RHS with 4 bikes at the back and existing wooden shelving,

Both in !!. "i" can straighten up when trailer moves.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I'm jealous...... :goodjob:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Nice setup. You mind identifying the bikes?
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Not at all  :D  Suzuki  GSX1100G
1 x 1991 Grey,  2 x 1992 Red (sequential VIN 's), 1 x 1993 Black.
A few pic's and info in "Members Other Motors" section.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm jealous...... :goodjob:
Love all the old school shelving  :victory:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
This is how the poor people have to live – which is why I am jealous.

The wooden rails screwed to the floor are to ensure the car is parked as close to the left wall as possible. The house and garage were built in 1992 when the average car was much narrower than today and our Niro is a tight fit.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Must say Al, I  don't a floor to ceiling wine rack  :lol:. Very well laid out too  :victory:
Thankfully original owner did the bench and the shelves and I just had to figure out what went where . Anita's been up with me for about a week,  sorting and boxing all the screws , bolts  and bits. Trying to fit it all in has involved a few reshuffles. Found a few items I had forgotten about since moving.  The 4 centre cupboards are a great score from council moving auction.
Love the wood guide idea,  might need to put the same down on Santas side .
Garage is 9m x 7m, and its cut into the yard. Back windows are about 450mm above the ground. Rear wall and RHS wall are actually retaining walls as is garden wall all the way to the  street.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

Thanks Mick.  I had a look at your bike thread.  Nice.  GSX Rule!

Snap...of sorts.  My GSX, circa 1985.  From a fading memory, think it was a 1982 GSX1100EX.  Bought it new and, in the day, when you rode one you were King of the Road!

Love the Mr. Conservative MRA T-shirt, clean jeans, fullface helmet, and touring panniers.  So far from the wannabe Marlon (On the Waterfront) Brando image I coveted as a young man. (I'm about 40-y-o in the photo and wish I was the same girth as then).

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Thanks Mick.  I had a look at your bike thread.  Nice.  GSX Rule!

Snap...of sorts.  My GSX, circa 1985.  From a fading memory, think it was a 1982 GSX1100EX.  Bought it new and, in the day, when you rode one you were King of the Road!

Love the Mr. Conservative MRA T-shirt, clean jeans, fullface helmet, and touring panniers.  So far from the wannabe Marlon (On the Waterfront) Brando image I coveted as a young man. (I'm about 40-y-o in the photo and wish I was the same girth as then).

@TerryT
They were a handful,  flimsy frame and forks,  wooden brakes   :crazy1:,
but great fun.  Love the fairing  :goodjob:
When I told my dad that I was borrowing one from a guy at work for the weekend  ( he wanted a trial bike , I was 17 on my P's 250 cc restriction), he said that -you needed a big,  hairy set to ride it at its limit. On Monday I said unreal bike but not hairy enough  :lol:
There's a couple on bikesales at the moment and a nice "F" version if the itch hits  :lol:

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
...Love the fairing  :goodjob:

There's a couple on bikesales at the moment and a nice "F" version if the itch hits  :lol:

The nose fairing had just been fitted and was my compromise between boy racer and boy cruiser.

Buy another big bike at my age (mid-70's)?  It won't be an itch that hits me, it will be one angry wife! 

My last two bikes (below) represent my Italian stage:  1985 (I think)  Moto Guzzi LMIII 850 and a 1976 Ducati 450 Single (bought the Duke in 1984 I think, still got it under a sheet in the garage, wife doesn't know!  :)).

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That Ducati must see the light of day again, wasn't many around back then.
If only to trailer it to shows. 
Age ?, I know a guy in QLD mid 70's, does about 10k km a year on the back and dirt roads.
Has 1 like mine with double sidecar and trailer, goes away for a few weeks at a time.
His hoon bike is a rebuilt, speed unrestricted Honda Blackbird.   :cool:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
@Lakes  would be interested in these bikes.
And he fits into the right age group.
Well, almost.  :mrgreen:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
...Love the fairing  :goodjob:

The nose fairing had just been fitted and was my compromise between boy racer and boy cruiser.

Buy another big bike at my age (mid-70's)?  It won't be an itch that hits me, it will be one angry wife! 

My last two bikes (below) represent my Italian stage:  1985 (I think)  Moto Guzzi LMIII 850 and a 1976 Ducati 450 Single (bought the Duke in 1984 I think, still got it under a sheet in the garage, wife doesn't know!  :)).

Hi Terry I like both your bikes!!
I have ridden a Moto Guzzi but not the Lm , think it was a Californian, I was in USA & owner told me go for a ride, I got lost. I would love a ride on the 450!! that's a bike I have always liked.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
At last the garage is almost sorted.

LHS using existing wooden bench.

Toilet,  dryer and centre row of cabinets,

RHS with 4 bikes at the back and existing wooden shelving,

Both in !!. "i" can straighten up when trailer moves.

Your Garage looks like a beauty Mick!!
I'm still looking for a place up in Batemans Bay Area, but will keep my place at Narooma & might rent it.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Age ?, I know a guy in QLD mid 70's, does about 10k km a year on the back and dirt roads.
Has 1 like mine with double sidecar and trailer, goes away for a few weeks at a time.

Mick, I understand the sentiment but I was just never one for the trailer and concours d'elegance.  In my bike days I'd ride the 450 to a Ducati Club show, park it with the mob, go for a wander and ride back home afterwards. (Yeah, ok, I admit I'd give it a quick wipe over so it would 'sparkle' a bit more for the passersby).

I fear your adventuresome senior Qld mate is the exception to the rule.  You would know the old (glib) saying:  "There are bold riders and there are old riders but there are no bold, old riders."  Now that's more the rule than the exception.   

I stopped riding 20 years ago when I recognised and accepted my limitations,  both physical and confidence-wise, when several nasty step-offs from my younger days finally caught up with me. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:28:12 by TerryT »

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

Hi Terry I like both your bikes!!
I have ridden a Moto Guzzi but not the Lm , think it was a Californian, I was in USA & owner told me go for a ride, I got lost. I would love a ride on the 450!! that's a bike I have always liked.

Thanks Lakes.  The California was the cruiser version in the Moto Guzzi range.  Nice, but not hard edged like the Le Man I, II, III range.

Performance-wise, the 450 is a snail compared to any modern Japanese bike from 250cc up. 

Poser-wise, the 450 is THE best looking snail on the road.  :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:24:50 by TerryT »

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

The wooden rails screwed to the floor are to ensure the car is parked as close to the left wall as possible. The house and garage were built in 1992 when the average car was much narrower than today and our Niro is a tight fit.

I was going to comment this is obviously not a proper work environment.... then I spotted the wine rack  :yahoo:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Terry, yes I knew the 850 Le Mans  the real deal! the guy who owned the Californian I road, he worked for a Moto Guzzi dealer up in South Dakota, he had done some changes this bike was high off ground for cornering, I had to about lift it off side stand ( heavy!! ) he was a Brit that had moved to USA got married. he also competed in the Iron Butt rally on this bike, he had other motor bikes too and raced on ice. with some of them. that was a while back.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Mick, I understand the sentiment but I was just never one for the trailer and concours d'elegance.  In my bike days I'd ride the 450 to a Ducati Club show, park it with the mob, go for a wander and ride back home afterwards. (Yeah, ok, I admit I'd give it a quick wipe over so it would 'sparkle' a bit more for the passersby).

I fear your adventuresome senior Qld mate is the exception to the rule.  You would know the old (glib) saying:  "There are bold riders and there are old riders but there are no bold, old riders."  Now that's more the rule than the exception.   

I stopped riding 20 years ago when I recognised and accepted my limitations,  both physical and confidence-wise, when several nasty step-offs from my younger days finally caught up with me. 

Terry I'm like that myself, I don't like trailering motor bikes. I'm probably too old but I still love to compete in drag racing motor bikes, but I'm not into that sport, I just like to go to the track once in a while to see what I can do and if the bike has enough HP, if trap speed is down. then I check out the tune ( afr on dyno under full load ) then get jetting right. I have to do that soon, but I ride most of the time still.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
... I just like to go to the track once in a while to see what I can do...but I ride most of the time still.

Good one.  More power to your throttle arm.  :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm a bit slow but have to say , Beautiful Mick!! I like plenty of room myself. used to have a six car garage under main roof when lived in Sydney. then moved to my cave with a single garage I had to try & fit my ute and two Motor Bikes into plus I could never keep the house neat as not enough room.
now have found a house with big garage & workshop but not as nice as your place!!
I just noticed all the wheels & tyres!! no flats!!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hi Alan, I like the way you have designed a merge on the floor so lady drivers don't bump the wall, parking.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hi Alan, I like the way you have designed a merge on the floor so lady drivers don't bump the wall, parking.
:rofl:  :rofl: 💩 stirrer

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal