i30 Owners Club

Car won't tick over

Offline noes_oh

• 2nd Gear
Was having an issue last year with my 2012 GD i30 Elite Petrol Automatic.  Check engine light and I was seeing :link: P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit; error code.  I experienced symptoms of occasional unable to tick over, low power in low rev range and awful fuel economy. 

You guys were amazing and suggested to change the CVVT Oil Control Valve and things felt better.  Power delivery at low revs seemed to be a tad better after I picked it up from the shop but fuel economy didn't got better.   After replacing it, never had an issue with the engine being unable to start/tick over. 

But today, it seemed to have all come back.  Clunky at low revs and now the engine won't tick over.  It takes a good 20++ tries and 10 minutes to start her up.  I am not seeing any error codes but I am seeing the traction control dash light constantly on.  I tried it again tonight after letting her sit for a few hours and it still didn't want to tick over.  I'm fairly sure it's not a normal starter issue - it feels very similar to the old "P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit" issue.

Obviously need to take it into the shop but wanted to check in if others have seen this before? 
  • i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal