i30 Owners Club

Help req'd front and rear parking camera install in the UK

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Hi guys

I'm sorry to ask this for my other car, a Vauxhall Corsa, as I've had no answer what so ever in that forum and I've had plenty of help in here when I've asked anything.

Just wondering either how much I would be looking at for a front and rear camera installation with a little pop up monitor or how much for the hardware and anyone in the Birmingham region that install as i wouldn't know where to start myself.

Any help at all appreciated, Marc
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's no problems at all Marc. I can't really help but hope someone helpful comes along soon.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Drive your car over to Australia mate, one of us will install it for ya :)
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Drive your car over to Australia mate, one of us will install it for ya :)
@Blazorax
Oh come on !!,
It's at least full 1st class airfare ,
even better an all expenses paid retun trip :winker: :victory:   :rofl:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Are we talking front an rear Dashcams :undecided: price varies greatly from the cheaper to more expensive units, don’t know about pop up monitors though as some cams will have built in screens and others will be viewable via the memory card on computers then there are a few models like my BlackVue 900s that’s viewable on the mobile phone.

You’ll find a lot of useful information at Dashcam Talk :link: DashCamTalk installations are reasonably simple though if you’re not confident then an auto electrician can do for you, car audio shops also sell and fit cams.

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Are we talking front an rear Dashcams :undecided: price varies greatly from the cheaper to more expensive units, don’t know about pop up monitors though as some cams will have built in screens and others will be viewable via the memory card on computers then there are a few models like my BlackVue 900s that’s viewable on the mobile phone.

You’ll find a lot of useful information at Dashcam Talk :link: DashCamTalk installations are reasonably simple though if you’re not confident then an auto electrician can do for you, car audio shops also sell and fit cams.

Sorry mate, no, parking cameras.

Ideally front and rear as my work location has diagonal spaces in a one way system so you have to park forward when arriving then when leaving, reverse out and it's quite packed in the evening with local car garages filling the spaces directly behind with their customers cars. Makes it quite awkward both ways.

There is a company in the West Midlands that can supply and fit all of it, including a small 5 inch screen that you press a little button and it opens up like a clam when needed and then you can clip it back down afterwards. Unfortunately they charge over £500+ VAT for the parts and to do it.
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've no experience with the cameras you're after so can only suggest getting more quotes through Car Audio shops, maybe one of our knowledgeable UK members might be able to point out a reputable local place for you  :Good_luck:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@marc.knuckle  I'll alter the title a bit to helo your cause...

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Cheers for the title change and thanks so far all
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers for the title change and thanks so far all

Might be a long shot unfortunately.  Not a very common request. Wireless reversing cameras are cheap enough on ebay, but whether you could somehow adapt a 2nd one to use on the front is another matter entirely.

Have you done a few random searches on google regarding this using something llike "front and rear parking camera install" ?

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I know nowt, but, when I gave it some thought I was moving towards rear/reversing camera using the rearview mirror for display.  I already have my trusty dashcam which has its own display.

Alan has written excellent articles on here about camera installation so I advise you to search and include ALANHO in your search *string*.

good luck

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal