batteoui · 180 · 99206

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Gets a bit complicated for DIY doesn't it  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nikitas i30

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Athens-Greece

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Can I buy this switch?
I have 1.4 petrol engine
http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/accessories/practical/?modelName=i30+Estate&ref=222
This is the part number  ?
E96002L020

It says it's for diesel models only, so probably no good for your car, nikitas. There must be an equivalent part for petrol models.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline jvingaard

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Denmark
Sorry guys. Had to remove the wiring diagram due to copyrights !

Hey Shambles can you roll the site back 24 hours I forgot to keep a copy of that diagram  :undecided: :lol:

Hi,
insted of publishing the diagram from hyundai service,  could you perhaps describe what  needs to be connected from spring clock to the ECU.
you know? from Spring clock pin. 1. to  ECU pin. 12, etc. They cannot make copyright on that.
For it seems that Hyundai has removed everything relating to Cruse control from their service side.   :disapp:

Offline nikitas i30

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Athens-Greece

Offline ghgogov

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      UK,Scotland
the didiferences between 967002L3504X and 967002L4004X
http://hyundai-club.com.ua/showthread.php?t=24750&page=9

Any idea where from UK I can get cruise control switch and how much it will be?Thanks
Regards Gogov

Offline Trust

• 1st Gear
Finaly completed my CC installation (i30 1600 16V petrol) with the WAECO SD50
At Hyundaiboard.de I found a link (with the wiring plan) to the american Hyundai Elantra specs , wich are simular to the i30
There I found out wich pin at the instrument cluster is the speedsignal .
Its a simple on/off puls , tested with a OMRON pulse counter , I found out that it gives appprox. 2500 p/km .
So I ordered the CC switches and the cable for the steeringwheel an modified them to fit to the WAECO system .
Opening the waeco switchpanel shows that the ON/OFF button is a direct switch between the orange wire and the braun wire .
The SET button is a direct switch between the orange wire and the yellow wire and the RESET button connects the orange via a 1K5 resitor to the blue wire .
Therefore I opened the Hyundai switch and removed R1 , R3 , R4 and R5 and placed a 1K5 , closed it and put it in the steeringwheel .
I use only those 3 buttons , so the 2 other buttons are not connected to anything .

As I mentioned before , my clockspring was already prepared (thank you hyundai) so I also connected the new cable in the wheel .
I cutted open the connector from the old cable that was connected to the clockspring , to get out the pins (and wires) for use them to expand (orange , braun and blue) the connection at the other clockspring connector at the steering column .
Waeco delivers a green led for showing the system is ON but like others , I disliked that .
So I  opened the instrument cluster and also tried to remove the needles , indeed battoui , very tricky , so I also gave up to that .
I drilled two 5mm holes trough the light shafts and 6.5 mm in the casing to put two leds in for the CRUISE and SET sign , connected them via a 1K resistor to a point at the circuitbord of the cluster where the switched 12 V comes in.
At the other ends of those leds I connected the green wire comming from the waeco streering unit that delivers a minus (ground) when the system is ON .
Since waeco has only one light signal , I let CRUISE and SET light at the same time .
Going through the WAECO test procedure , shows everything was OK .
And it is !!
I'm loving to have cruisecontrol back again (as I has on my Renault Laguna)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Trust  :goodjob: (only thing that would be better if pix were hosted on a site like Photobucket so they don't get lost if we have a site meltdown)  :sweating: (that would allow them to be bigger too.....)

Offline ghgogov

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      UK,Scotland
I have made a test on whether ECU on my car has Cruise control functionality, and to my big disappointment it looks like it doesn't. I have tried shorting "cruise power" pin with "Cruise switch" pin via 3900 ohm resistor imitating wheel switch on/off and measure the voltage on Cruise main lamp pin while ignition ON, there was no change in voltage on lamp pin. I guess it is for a reason they do not provide cruise control diagram on hyundai service site for a model 2008. Well, I guess I will have to go for something like this http://hyundai-i30-estate.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=178/category=ROOT-interior/accessory=Cruise+Control/id=4807, as far as I know it has separate control unit.

Hi,
On hyundai service site my car comes as a 2009 (FDe) model but compering the wiring with the one for cars from 2009 to 2011 my one is totally different but I don't have the right one so I'm guessing the diagram for my car should be same with the one for 2008 but before attempting any test to the ECU I wish to ask if somebody has a diagram to send it to me please as a have one only for 2009-2011.Thanks!

Offline batteoui

• 2nd Gear

• ma Morocco
      Casablanca, Morocco
Hi,
You will need to install "SVG Viewer" and use with Internet Explorer to see the diagrams. All Cruise diagrams are still present at hyundai Website.

Offline GranaínoI30

• 1st Gear

• es Spain
      Granada
    • http://www.ClubI30.es
Thank you very much for the tutorial, I have been searching for the button so that once you have put me to work! Thank you!
  • Hyundai I30 FDE 1.6CRDi

Offline korgo

• 1st Gear
Hi,
You will need to install "SVG Viewer" and use with Internet Explorer to see the diagrams. All Cruise diagrams are still present at hyundai Website.

Great post, I have been following your steps and have looked at the wiring diagrams from Hyundai web and my car is suitable for this modification also. As soon as I get the parts I will begin with it.

The only doubtI have is about the connectors identification. I have located the proper pins for the ECU connectorbased on your info,  but when I tried to do the same with the other connectors I am not able to trace from the Hyundai codes to vendor PN.
For example I have the spring clutch connector which is identified as M02R and it is suposed to be a AMP_025_12F_W. In the manual it explains that AMP is the vendor code, but I didn't find any place where the code AMP was crossed with a manufacturer. Where is that information?

• i30 1.6 CRDi

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm attemting to do the install myself on my hyundai i30 CRDI 2009
I bought a leather steering wheel with radio and cruise controls at the wreckers.

a few questions to the expert members here.

1) Does anyone know the part number for the cable that goes from the clock spring to the ECU?
2) Is there any way to easily test the dash lights to see whether they have the CRUISE and SET lights there or not?
3) is there any way to test the ECU to make sure its compatible with cruise control, before i keep spending money?

thanks
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Kroner,

I can only help a little bit..

I would have thought the cruise and set lights would light up for a second when you first start the car if they were present (as per any other car) although they may be disabled if your model didn't have cruise as standard.

I think it was late 2008 or early 2009 when they finally developed a cruise module for the diesel model (the petrol slx and sr got it from day one). So be careful you get the right one.

Can't help with your other questions, sorry...

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
... there was no change in voltage on lamp pin. I guess it is for a reason they do not provide cruise control diagram on hyundai service site for a model 2008.
Hi Ramunask!
Have you ever tried to repeat this test? Why did you expect voltage at this pin? This is open collector output so it changes it's impedance (it "opens" towards neutral) to lit the led. I'll try to repeat your test

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
Well, well, well - i did the test and... it doesn't work  :wacko:
Both led's are slightly bright because they get 9,5V on the cathode (they are not set "on").
All voltages seems to be OK.
Still thinking it can be done ...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well, well, well - i did the test and... it doesn't work  :wacko:
Both led's are slightly bright because they get 9,5V on the cathode (they are not set "on").
All voltages seems to be OK.
Still thinking it can be done ...

:fingers:

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
Some evidence...

All measured voltages were OK. Only one thing differs - clutch switch is working completely opposite to docs: contact is closed when pedal is released. Hyundai docs say that released pedal gives open contact. Is this any clue?
Have the same situation like Ramunask - I've D4FB 90BHP engine but MCI computer pins fit to D4EA (2l engine). My i30cw is model year 2009 but produced in 2008 (Korea)
Pins
descript                 batteoui            me
Cruise switch             9                    15
Cruise ground            89                  14
Cruise switch power   50                 24
Cruise LED                  51                 91
SET LED                      44                 49

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi Jarek. How did you open the connector? I've struggled and couldnt get it open, and did not want to risk breaking it.
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
I've already bought and fitted new steering wheel with CC buttons. Fortunately my steering wheel spring has enough wires. I've also done telephone research through Hyundai services in my region. One said, that mu ECU doesn't have CC feature. One said, can chceck but it costs 120 PLN (some 40 USD). My hope is dying  :fum:
I'm looking for aftermarket modules and found AS800 for 250 PLN (some 80 USD). Seems veeery cheap. Strange, that I can't find ANY wiring diagrams for AP800 on the net. Looks like this knowledge is precious  :P
What are your ECU numbers?
Mine are: 0 281 015 712     39106-2A716 C0FLCT2EI04U      25U 39106-2A716

Here you are :-)  Photos...
Little "hook" then move cap forward

Pull pink lock out. Be careful, no to pull wires too hard. You can pull them out - not easily, but seems possible.

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
Finally, I gave up.
I decided to buy second hand AP800 for some 130 USD. Some guy on auction portal divided AP800's boxes to 2 auctions  :lol: and tried to sell it separately.  Probably wasn't aware what's selling  :P. I think it's good offer. Second hand AP800 are nearly impossible to buy, AP900 is very expensive.

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
After weeks of thinking and researching and 2 days of hard work I got it running  :happydance: !!!  CC works fine, it needs some adjustments but keeps on rockin'  :P
My installation is still "under construction" but will be much better, with steering via steering wheel and LEDs on dashboard.
Installign this was real TORMENT!!! I haven't had proper harness nor proper schema.
I'll describe this in details but not today  :victory:
Some evidence ...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
So far, so good. It's always a big job. Well done for a successful achievement.  :goodjob2: :goodjob: :hatoff:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Gratulacje,  Jarek. You should be very proud. :happydance: :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
Since waeco has only one light signal , I let CRUISE and SET light at the same time .
If you have this control unit, there is "SET" signal avaliable! I found it - because it turns on the red LED located inside my stalk  (inside!!! - what for???). There is little complication because this LED is in serial with zener diode (I put 5,1V and 100 ohm resistor for safety) and without it, you can't turn this CC on. I lost two hours for this riddle - why my CC doesn't work witn  non-original stalk  (i mean Hyundai steering wheel buttons)??  Probably this zener diode "means" something for CC module.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Hey Jarek,

What about a Dual colour diode to indicate each state  :idea: :exclaim:

Offline Jarek

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Silesia

• Greetings from Poland
Dual colour is not a problem. The problem is to find TWO signals to turn each  colour on  :)
But dual colour LED mounted outside dashboard (ie in plastic above steering column) is much easier than rewiring dashboard module. It's risky, I got my speedometer pointer off maybe 10 times. Horror.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If you had a red / green combo, you could set red on by default all the time and green when in cruise mode with only one signal to activate the green.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal