i30 Owners Club

2009 i 30 door handle

Offline sheepman

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Peebles
rear door on my 2009 cdri 2L diesil wont open using either inside or outside handle ,something clearly broken ,outside handle very loose never had any problems with this side before but other side handle occasionaly comes away in your hand when opening but just a case of putting back on and door works ,is it easy to get door card off to see whars going on inside or has anyone had this problem and know whats wrong ,had this car from new but getting old and done 165,000 miles so not worth much so just going to run as long as possible untill it has a major expensive problem then scrap it hopefully get a few years out it yet
  • 2 litre diesil crdi premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi There not that hard to get door skins off. See here.

:link: How do I remove the inner door skin?

This might help too..

:link: HOW TO: replace door cable (drivers door will not open from inside)

Often an even easier way in situations like this is just to search you tube for videos of how to do such things. Often your search doesn't have to be that model specific. Being that most cars have a similar door skin removal procedure. With repair videos most similar aged Hyundai (and sister company Kia) models will have similar mechanisms and fixes.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
Found a 2010~2012  i30CW video, should be very similar to your model:
:link: How To Install Replace Rear Power Door Lock Actuator HYUNDAI I30 CW 1.6L CRDI 2010~2012 D4FB H A4CF2 - YouTube

Make sure when you put the door lock actuator plug back in, behind the door handle, that its straight and the right way around. Don't do a me and bend the pins trying to put it in backwards. :whistler: :whistler: :whistler: :head_butt: :head_butt: :head_butt:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:50:09 by Misha »
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal