i30 Owners Club

2009 i30 issues - Power Steering failure & Window Regulator breaking

Offline ownerof2i30s

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
To all i30 owners,
Have you experienced failure of your Electronic Power Steering and was the EPS on your dashboard illuminated at the time?
Other terminology perhaps used was, Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) failure.
There was a recall in August 2015 for vehicles manufactured between 1/11/2009 - 30/4/2010 with VIN KMHDC81TMAU064300 -  KMHDC51TMAU267226
I am interested in knowing how many vehicles outside of this manufacture period and VIN range have experienced the same issue.

Also, interested if anyone has experienced multiple repairs/replacement of window regulator mechanisms, notably the breaking of the plastic parts used on the door panel (internals) or on the individual part (internal) and the frequency of said repairs/replacements.  Please mention if after replacement, if the item only remained in a functioning condition for (how) long before requiring replacement again. 
  • 2009 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

Being that most affected cars are now 10 years old many of those members may not be very active now. However if you browse the relative sections or play with our various search options you will find quite a few posts about both.

Being a world wide forum with so many time zones in play means replies can take a while too.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal