i30 Owners Club

TPMS error

irltechie · 22 · 18825

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      West Cork
Hi,

First post here, I just bought a 2015 i30 Tourer Diesel yesterday and this error is on the dash, I have checked all 4 tyres and found one of them has no sensor fitter, so I assume this is causing the error as all tyres pressures are ok (32psi).

Where can I get one of these sensors, and is it a case of getting my tyre guy to fit and then drive a while and the car will pick it up?

Thanks
  • Silver 2015 I30 Tourer 1.6 Diesel

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi. Was this a private sale?

:wlcome01:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork
Yes it was?

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Was just wondering about any kind of warranty against a garage/dealer. Obviously a private sale won't give you that protection. Didn't it show up during a test drive?

I'm unsure about fitting a sensor with a different technology/RFID - fairly sure you'd need to match the new one with the old ones.

Does your spare have a sensor or is a space-saver?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork
Was just wondering about any kind of warranty against a garage/dealer. Obviously a private sale won't give you that protection. Didn't it show up during a test drive?

I'm unsure about fitting a sensor with a different technology/RFID - fairly sure you'd need to match the new one with the old ones.

Does your spare have a sensor or is a space-saver?

Yes it was there on test drive but dismissed it as a slow puncture
I have a local Kia dealer close to me so will ask them tomorrow and see what price they are to resolve it, will post back here for anyone that is interested.
Spacesaver , already checked that, thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 21:29:56 by irltechie »

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork
Rang Kia dealer locally and the part is €100 + fitting, so as car is due its 90k km service soon, I booked it in to get both done in middle of October. (next available slot in garage)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Rang Kia dealer locally and the part is €100 + fitting, so as car is due its 90k km service soon, I booked it in to get both done in middle of October. (next available slot in garage)

Wow! I'd be checking if a Hyundai dealer or even an independent could do it cheaper. That seems a lot for just 1!   
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork

Wow! I'd be checking if a Hyundai dealer or even an independent could do it cheaper. That seems a lot for just 1!

I rang the Hyundai dealer that has serviced the car since new, and they were the same price?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Ebay - about £25

I've never replaced one so someone else will need to confirm but I think the re-learn to a new sensor is done within a few miles of driving?

If you cant fit it I'd expect a local tyre dealer would do it for a small fee.

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork
Ebay - about £25

I've never replaced one so someone else will need to confirm but I think the re-learn to a new sensor is done within a few miles of driving?

If you cant fit it I'd expect a local tyre dealer would do it for a small fee.

Any chance you could link one on Ebay that would fit my car?
Both dealers said they need to be programmed though....

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I dont have a GD to see if there is an option to programme - you might get lucky and someone who knows will reply.

I *think* the part number to search on ebay will be 52933 3n100 but do you own research.

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork
Just to update this, I bought a genuine TPMS sensor on Ebay, and my local tyre fitter fitted it to the tyre, I drove roughly a mile and the TPMS light went out on the dash.
The seller listed the part as not programmed so it seems the I30 (GD) picks it up itself.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just to update this, I bought a genuine TPMS sensor on Ebay, and my local tyre fitter fitted it to the tyre, I drove roughly a mile and the TPMS light went out on the dash.
The seller listed the part as not programmed so it seems the I30 (GD) picks it up itself.

Excellent, thanks for the update. I'm assuming it wasn't that expensive?

Offline irltechie

• 1st Gear

West Cork

Part was £36  :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Part was £36  :goodjob2:

Thanks for that. Good result then...  :victory:

I've sticky'd this topic to help others in similar situation in the future (so I think I will move it to general as not diesel specific)

Offline Nesher

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
I have the same issue with my I30 2010 1.6 petrol, guess after 10-11 years these sensors quit.. (replaced 3 while in warranty, the part number was ​52933-2L000)
Will this work? :link: *BRAND NEW * HYUNDAI KIA SET OF (4) STEM,NUT, VALVE, SEAL KIT ONLY ELANTRA 08-10 | eBay

Offline Nesher

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Apparently I was wrong and it was a puncture, lucky me 😂
After replacing 2 tires, all is good..

Offline Bob.W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour
I have the same issue with my I30 2010 1.6 petrol, guess after 10-11 years these sensors quit.. (replaced 3 while in warranty, the part number was ​52933-2L000)
Will this work? :link: *BRAND NEW * HYUNDAI KIA SET OF (4) STEM,NUT, VALVE, SEAL KIT ONLY ELANTRA 08-10 | eBay

I think the hint (that they won't solve the TPMS issue) is in the listing heading which states:  "BRAND NEW* STEM, NUT, VALVE KIT ONLY NO SENSORS"   So no sensors in those.

Honestly it's embarrassing that Hyundai cheaped out so badly so as not to put a sensor in the spare tyre (which for me was the original factory full size spare).  I know many people drive on their set of tyres and NEVER use the spare (for either repairs or rotating in) but I always rotate it in with the 4 in use.  makes too much sense and IF you never use it'll eventually be unused but useless due to the rubber perishing/past recommended lifespan.

What did Hyundai save perhaps $10 by not putting a sensor in the spare?  Thats really shitty - and to make matters worse the TPMS is actually quite intrusive - not only will it flash up when the vehicle starts but when you are actually driving it will periodically flash up a warning which takes up the entire LED display - so as we use this for the speed, thats unable to be seen.  Really quite obnoxious system with no  way of turning it off etc - and I never use it for tyre pressures as I find it inaccurate next to a known accurate gauge & it won't work at all unless all 4 sensors are on and in use.  Terrible piece of an otherwise good car.
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6lt, auto

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not familiar with TPMS but I'll ask and learn.

Where is the receiver for the four sensors?
Will it be confused seeing five if the spare has one?
If so, would it be feasible to have the spare's battery interrupted until ready for use?
Likewise, would the replaced wheel need to have its sensor disabled?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

It's behind the glovebox.
Probably
Not possible
dont have a TPMS on the spare for an easy life

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's behind the glovebox.
Probably
Not possible
dont have a TPMS on the spare for an easy life
Thanks, @Lorian
Just as I thought. I guess that answers why the spare doesn't have one.
Yes, you could remove the battery from a fifth sensor and refit it when you go to use it, as well as removing it from the flat tyre, but how many would want to?

:link: How To: Replace TPMS Battery - YouTube
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Ammo

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
Get an Autel sensor from Amazon 25pound (2 different types rubber or aluminum with nut choose correct one). Need an Autel programmer approx 170pounds with DLC connector. The menu should guide you to tpms sensor details and ID of old sensor that is now missing. Clone ID onto new sensor and get a tyre place to fit it. Hyundai charge 223pounds for sensor here in england.so it works out slightly cheaper to get programmer and never have to pay extortionate prices again for this or other cars. If the old sensor was present then a cheaper programmer Autel 400series would suffice 100pounds but in your case would need the more expensive 500series with DLC cable.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi (116bhp) Style

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal