i30 Owners Club

8 months/20k mark in my SR DCT

Guest · 5 · 15163

Tusk
Hi All,

I've owned my SR DCT for 8 months now and just hit the 20k mark this morning. Other than the issue I posted in another thread (which was my fault, not a fault of the car), I've had no issues at all other than a fan button that sticks occasionally.

I still can't believe how quiet the engine is, even when giving it the boot compared to our other car which is a MY14.5 Outlander. Road noise on the other hand is pretty average at highway speeds but with my music blasting it isn't too bad. I've heard people comment on how average the stereo is, but I'm really happy with it. Bass is impressive!

I've never really used sport mode (except for the odd quick take off) until yesterday when I did 50klms with it on. I couldn't believe how different the car is, almost like it wants me to fang it at every opportunity. At say 90-100kph it'll sit in 6th gear and won't drop to 7th. If I switch on cruise control, straight away it drops to 7th. As soon as I deactivate cruise, it drops back to 6th. Just a useless little fact that someone else might not have noticed. Seems like it'd be great for overtaking. Fuel economy wise it used maybe an extra 0.5 l/100klm more than usual.

My fuel economy which I haven't reset since I got the car is sitting on 6.0L/100klm but as I said, 95% of the car's driving is highway and next to no stop/start traffic. I've been filling it up with 91 but put my first tank of 98 today after locking it in for $1.39/L last Friday. I'm interested to see if this will make any difference in performance.

I picked my car up two weeks before they announced the N-line. I was a little bummed out at first but I'm happy with my choice knowing that it has LKA, RCTA and Blind spot monitoring which the N-Line misses out on. I also prefer the sleeper look of the SR.

Overall, very happy so far. I'll be keeping it for at least 5 years at which point it'll be well past 120,00klm mark.

As we live semi-rural I still need to look at getting a light bar mounted, probably under the number plate due to the radar. I'll post another update once I get around to this.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
 :goodjob: :goodjob2:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks  that's really good feedback :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Excellent thanks Tusk. Being a 10/18 build I guess it's a PD 2 with infinity audio which would explain why the Stereo has better bass than the earlier ones.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Tusk
It's definitely a PD2 but just the standard 'SR' and not the Premium so just standard stereo as far as I'm aware. Mind you the sound system was a hell of a lot better than a 2017 Elantra Active I drove for a work (only maybe 2-3 times) not long before I picked up my SR.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal