i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 clutch failure and possible warranty claim.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I think as i said in reply 6:
 If ALL of those who have manuals call HA or local dealers to get confirmation or denial of 20k km warranty.  Bombard them with callers.
If it's true, how much will that  drop  the resale value of manuals ?
Does it apply to DCT's ?
If its true, would it lead to " world class action " ?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Dazzler
Shambles What's your take mate?

It's a tough one.

The worry would indeed be seen to be setting a precedent, as you said earlier; it could escalate into an avalanche of new signups requesting similar support when we clearly have to remain mostly impartial.

That said, anyone should be able to create missives directed at Hyundai, including this club of ours. If someone would care to summarise the situation, including topic link(s), there's nothing to stop admin@i30ownersclub.com contacting Head Office.

At the end of the day, all anyone wants here is a consistent approach by Hyundai, the dealership network and the customer.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Fireescape

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands
In my opinion, for what it's worth, it doesn't matter what Hyundai say now, until they modify the official documentation that is supplied with the cars they sell the whole suggestion of a 20,000km warranty applying to the clutch and related components is moot, they just can't change the rules after the contract it's signed. Taking this to its ultimate conclusion any claim a customer makes in relation to the car they've purchased can be denied, all Hyundai Australia have to do is write "no" on a piece of paper with a Hyundai letterhead on it and, in their opinion, they are free from all responsibility. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 19:01:53 by Fireescape »
  • 2012 i30 Diesel Elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Let's see what happens via fair trading and  then take it from there.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal