i30 Owners Club

i30 2013 1.4 Door Dent

Offline clickweb

• 1st Gear

• Cornwall
Evening Guys,

Some nice person decided to reverse into my car rear side door a few days ago and has left a nice dent and scratches!

I would like to try and fix it myself first before I take it to a garage etc  My first step today was to try a dent suction remover but after a couple of hours with that I got hardly anywhere. The dent is in awkward place which makes it hard to get out so just wanted some advice on how hard would it be to access the door from the inside and pop it out?

Noticed a few posts with removing the panel which seems easy enough but once that's off how hard is it to get the rest off to gain access to the door?

Any thought's are welcome.

Thank You.

• i30 1.4 Petrol

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
suction wont work on creases.

Ok interior lining off.

Take window weather strip off, (small pk each end)
Inside Pull back rubber bungs and lower window so that you can  see screws securing the bottom of it.
Loosen and pull window up and out
Remove door  bung near handle
 Find 8mm screw and Remove door handle.
Remove all 4 bolts holding lock mechanism
Remove all 10mm bolts  securing inner metal door panel
Pull panel out with lock mech. still attached.

Ready for work.

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Gary for jumping in so quickly!  :goodjob:

Sorry to see that! I had similar but worse (a while back) but I was super lucky (they left a note)

If your self fix doesn't work (It's hard to fix a crease for a DIYer) then those paintless dent removal places generally get a good wrap for service and price. They come to you. Obviously you'd need to google reviews of any that you choose.

Hopefully the scratch isn't down to the metal and you can polish the worst of it out once the dent is repaired as trying to match silver without painting half of the side of the car is very hard! 

Good luck!  :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline clickweb

• 1st Gear

• Cornwall
Thanks for the reply's and advice I really appreciate it. Will see if I can get it out on the weekend and yes if I have no luck I might have to go down dent removal places.  Yeah that paint is always a pain Iv'e done like mini touch ups in the past on the bumper and it never matches but step 1 is getting the crease out.
  • i30 1.4 Petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal