i30 Owners Club

Advice Required 2nd Hand i30 Auto Petrol Wagon Australia - ESC Module Recall

IDVRI · 10 · 3475

Offline IDVRI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi All, I am looking at purchasing a 2nd hand i30 Auto Wagon 2.0l Petrol. The car I'm looking at is in Brisbane (Tamborine) and has been owned from new by the seller, with full log book history. Am viewing the car tomorrow, and service history, so don't know what's been done to it yet.
However, I already did the Revs check and called Hyundai Australia to determine if part of any recall.
They advised that it shows as part of the ESC MODULE recall and showing as not done yet?
What exactly is this recall and what can it affect?
Vehicle is 2010 model SLX and has done 112,291 klm
I have tried calling the seller back to ask why they've not yet had the car fixed under recall but not answering the phone atm.
Do some cars just slip through the recall notification process?
Would not having this fixed when it was recalled mean there would be other potential problems with the car now, even if it gets fixed shortly due to the recall?
Price seems low at $10495... would that be due to the number of klms?
Advice from other i30 wagon owners/buyers/sellers would be appreciated!
Thanks Jules :)
  • 2011 i30 5 Door Wagon, Petrol 2.0 lt, Auto, Blue

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day Mate,

I had the ESC recall done on my Wife's car when I had another job done under warranty. That was the first I heard of it. I would think there wouldnt be any long term issues.

112k is about right for the age given 15k per year which I believe is average use (I sold my 2010 in 2015 with 142k on it)

You will need to look at the vehicle and the seller to be guided on price, some people put a lower price on their vehicle to move it quickly some do it for a reason, it really comes down to the condition of the car and your gut feel on the person selling it to you.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
 I saw an immaculate 90000K SLX CRDi CW for Sub 10K with books.

I don't think 10 1/2 is that great now given age and 2 generations ago.

How about ducking down to VIC and getting this beautiful CRDi , 6 speed Auto,  2013 , 122K partial history $11500 plus add ons

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline IDVRI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
If I'd had the ability to travel to look at cars I would have checked out a lovely blue wagon in NSW. Unfortunately not an option for me at the present time. Is it bad to admit I actually prefer the rounded look of the older wagons? LOL

Offline IDVRI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Test drove it today. Looked and felt good. Had timing belt and other belts done at 90'000 klms. Good tyres, spare looks like it's never even been used. A few cosmetic things on the exterior and some wear to the edges of steering wheel but otherwise seemed good. Even better was that it is a private seller who's owned it from new, had all services, full log books and wasn't detailed for sale so I could see the condition it was usually in, which was pretty good. Apparently the seller has moved a few times and Hyundai never told them about the recall (lost their details) but confirm that I can still get it done free under the recall. RACQ inspection booked for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not at all. I've never liked the direction the GD took after the FD. I like a style that suggests function over form. The PD is only halfway back to a decent look. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Test drove it today. Looked and felt good. Had timing belt and other belts done at 90'000 klms. Good tyres, spare looks like it's never even been used. A few cosmetic things on the exterior and some wear to the edges of steering wheel but otherwise seemed good. Even better was that it is a private seller who's owned it from new, had all services, full log books and wasn't detailed for sale so I could see the condition it was usually in, which was pretty good. Apparently the seller has moved a few times and Hyundai never told them about the recall (lost their details) but confirm that I can still get it done free under the recall. RACQ inspection booked for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

That sounds very promising!  :Good_luck:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Good news. All the best with it.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Good news!

The ESC recall came to light on my Wife's car at another warranty service, apparantly the vehicle was registered with Hyundai to the dealer's holding company. One would think when they got the recall notice they would have rectified the issue.....

Personally I think recall notices should be provided to the various Department of Transports to distribute to the current registered owners. Can't miss them then.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal