i30 Owners Club

Doors attempting to lock

macfam · 7 · 2197

Offline macfam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I am hoping someone may have heard this happening before, since fixing the drivers window regulator the door locks attempt to actuate 4 to 5 times once the key is inserted in ignition, this is not causing a issue it is just damn annoying hearing the clunk clunk clunk each time i get in the car.
Any advice would greatly appreciated. :confused:
  • 2009 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Silver

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
To my thinking, since only one door has undergone any change, you've made some subtle change to the lock solenoid either electrically or mechanically. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
To my thinking, since only one door has undergone any change, you've made some subtle change to the lock solenoid either electrically or mechanically. :goodjob:

I'm with Gonz. To remove the inner panel it's a fair bit of work and harness removal. The connector to the lock assembly I found particualrly hard to deal with.

I' d check it's seated correctly or potentially damaged in the process. maybe also check how the cables from the inner door handle are routed too.

Also check the master controls harneses and connectors too as there is a remote lock/unlock button .

All I can think of but if it was 100% ok before and now not, something has gone amiss in the R & R process.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline macfam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Thanks for the Tips, looks like I will pull it down further and see what I have done.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
@macfam how did you get on with this?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline macfam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I have unfortunately been tied up this week at work but will hopefully get to pulling the door down shortly and discovering what i have done, thanks for the follow up and keeping me honest  :Drive: till then.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It would be easy to put off  :D
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal