i30 Owners Club

i30 SR Manual delivery delay!!

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
NEED HELP & ADVICE!!

So i ordered my Manual i30 SR on August 27 with expected delivery to be late October (nothing written on the contract) which i was fine with. Mid october hit, i get a call saying it wont be until late november/early december. Annoyed but still keen for the car I accepted it. Mid november the dealership calls saying december 14 is looking good for delivery. Later than they said again but at least a date was in play. 2 weeks later  (late november) I get a call saying its going to be late january!!

now the dealerships offered my bond back and to get out of the contract but i honestly just want the car. there's no other car i like for what i'm paying (27.5k with sunroof and other bits and pieces). I called today to tell them I just want my car and theyre telling me the production team keep pushing back the date and it's because they have to reach 15 manual orders before it gets put into production (they couldn't tell me how many orders they have currently).

I've spoken to Hyundai Australia on facebook and they assure me they're looking into it but it's likely just some person in charge of their socials reading from a script.

what can i do!? I just want my damn car!!

tl;dr ordered car 27 august with expected delivery late october. after several calls pushing it back they're saying late january (but will likely get pushed back again).

Can bringing it up with consumer affairs or anything help?
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Mazda did this with my son's Mazda 6 Sport about 10 years ago.I reckon they got one but sold it to one of their valued customers.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I doubt consumer affairs will be interested. They'd be busy handling issues after delivery.
A few years ago the local dealer showed my daughter and me their online tracking of her order. You could see even what was happening at the factory. Might be worth telling them to show you that.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It’s the dealerships fault for offering a car that’s not in production  :head_butt:

If were me and still wanting an SR I’d just get the DCT, you’ve got the auto benefit when in city traffic and can also switch to sport paddle shift when wanting to play :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It’s the dealerships fault for offering a car that’s not in production  :head_butt:

If were me and still wanting an SR I’d just get the DCT, you’ve got the auto benefit when in city traffic and can also switch to sport paddle shift when wanting to play :)

What Craig said OR now you've waited this long tell them you want a 2018 build date if you have to wait. You will get more later when you trade it.  :idea:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If they want out of a contract they can buy it from you, and the deposit back just won't cut it.....

Otherwise get the car, I would want to see evidence of an order and all correspondence from Hyundai to state it has been pushed back.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
Thanks for the help guys. I don't want out of the contract I just want my car! Lol

Well they say it hasn't even been made yet so it will be 2018 by the time it is built.

But yes definitely asking for correspondence might be a good start. Someone else suggested that they might have sold my car to someone else who was happy to pay more as they make more money from it. Seems plausible..

Getting them to somehow add a delivery date to the order might help.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Was there a reason why delivery date was not detailed on the order?

Wondering if hedging their sales to boost their delivery discount in a later period......thereby increasing sale profit.

Ps
Don't forget they have your deposit/bond and getting a return on it, ever so small ,so they are $$$ in pocket even without a sale.......
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Also check there isn't some get out of jail clause for them if the car isn't delivered by a certain time.

If you want the car might be time to start demanding completion of the contract via a more formal means.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Also check there isn't some get out of jail clause for them if the car isn't delivered by a certain time.

If you want the car might be time to start demanding completion of the contract via a more formal means.

Do some ringing/emailing around or even see if Auto Expert can find you one. He loves them so much I suspect his personal car is an i30 SR (no joke)  :victory:

If you can, then demand your deposit back and get it from someone else. Dealers in other states will freight cars to you.  :cool:

Wow! they are scarce (and they want top dollar) - except the Demo in WA.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=~Price&offset=0&setype=sort&q=%28And.%28C.Make.Hyundai._.%28C.Model.i30._.Badge.SR.%29%29_.GenericGearType.Manual._.Service.Carsales._.Year.range%282017..2017%29.%29&area=Stock&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
UPDATE...

I told the sales rep at the dealership (who actually is a friend of mine) I was speaking to Hyundai Australia the other night and he said he would get his boss to call me tomorrow (yesterday). He called me the next day saying he's been speaking to his boss and trying to escalate it. He then says though that they did find a manual with all the things I asked for in Sydney and was waiting for a quote for shipping it down to Melbourne. He said he'll call me back when he knows when its coming. Progress!!

I call today to see if any update and he tells me that it'll be in the showroom tomorrow! I'll be able to come see it on Saturday and then pick up mid next week after they do all the paperwork and register it etc.

Fingers crossed it isn't an ex demo or anything as they've promised. After messing me around so much I won't believe they have it until I see it for myself.

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly from here!! :goodjob2:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sounds promising, It's not what you know it's who you know.  :victory:

Fingers crossed.  :sweating:

They are genuinely very scarce. Last I heard my local dealer was talking Feb 18 to supply a White Manual SR.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
good luck, I'm happy someone other than myself wants a real manual!
every time I have ordered a new hy, I bought two from same dealer same salesman he always took me into the room that has a pc they order from shows them what is there in Australia . he always got what I wanted and on time. my father bought three hy's off him too.
what colour? sun roof sounds good.
good luck

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
Update!!

So it finally arrived at my local dealership by truck from Sydney. I went to go see it to make sure it's exactly what I ordered and it looks good 😊 white manual sr with sunroof!

dealership was telling me it had only been available because a dealership up in Sydney would have ordered one some time ago and after receiving and not selling it for 3-4 weeks they put it up for any dealerships that needed it. built date is October 2017. brand new, still had all the plastics on the seats, sunroof and bonnet when i saw it. just sorting out my finance and should be ready to pick up Friday afternoon.

after waiting Almost 4 months it looks like i Can finally get excited!!

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Fantastic! Love that you're so excited to get a manual. Your experience reminds me of when I ordered my brand new 05 XD Elantra Elite in manual. I had to wait 3 months for it to arrive for the same reason it was a manual.

I'm sure you'll love the i30 SR manual. Its going to be a fun car to drive!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :whsaid: Have fun, mate. Looking forward to your posting about it when you're driving it.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What they said! Awesome.  :happydance:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
 :wts:

the best news!! enjoy, I like the white myself!!

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Magic, looks great, nice christmas present. Congratulations. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
It's actually the best time to get it,  just before holidays  !
Enjoy  it 👍👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
picked it up friday afternoon and have already driven over 250km this weekend!! love it!! :goodjob2: :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:brilliant: and thanks for the photo. Could you also add it to our gallery when you get a chance please.  :goodjob:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Guess what. Today we went to our nearest Kia dealer and test drove the Sports+ Cerato, then went next door and test drove the i30 1.6 turbo petrol auto. Elena likes the i30 a lot more, and aiming squarely at the SR. :lol:

We're now booked in to locate a manual version for a test drive. :happydance:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Guess what. Today we went to our nearest Kia dealer and test drove the Sports+ Cerato, then went next door and test drove the i30 1.6 turbo petrol auto. Elena likes the i30 a lot more, and aiming squarely at the SR. :lol:

The manual misses out on a lot of the safety assistance features and the autonomous cruise. It is supposed to be about 3K cheaper than the DCT version because of that but because they are very scarce the cheapest brand new ones are sitting arount the 30k mark!

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia

The manual misses out on a lot of the safety assistance features and the autonomous cruise. It is supposed to be about 3K cheaper than the DCT version because of that but because they are very scarce the cheapest brand new ones are sitting arount the 30k mark!

i was trying to decide which i wanted more. the manual transmission or the extra safety features. i found that those particular features can be accounted for if i just simply pay attention to the road and the fun factor of the manual over the auto made it a no brainer :snigger: i ended up paying 27.5k DA for a manual with a sunroof, weather shields, mudflaps and plastic boot liner.

if you want a manual, i suggest you get ready to wait for it! i had an almost 4 month wait :Shocked:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i was trying to decide which i wanted more. the manual transmission or the extra safety features. i found that those particular features can be accounted for if i just simply pay attention to the road and the fun factor of the manual over the auto made it a no brainer :snigger: i ended up paying 27.5k DA for a manual with a sunroof, weather shields, mudflaps and plastic boot liner.

if you want a manual, i suggest you get ready to wait for it! i had an almost 4 month wait :Shocked:

That is an amazing price! The Sunroof is listed as a $2000 option by itself. Look on car sales and there was a demo in WA for around $25K without a sunroom, but the rest are around the 30K mark without a sunroof!  :crazy1:

I could live without things like rear cross traffic alert, but my last car had them and I found them quite handy. I am in my sixties now and had 32 cars (mostly manuals) I fell in love with Automated cruise the first time I tried it and it was a must have for my next car. I also have a medical condition which can affect my coordination. if I was a younger bloke like you I probably would have gone the Manual.

I just wanted to remind Gonz and his wife of the compromises of going the manual.

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
yeah fair call dazz. can definitely see the benefits then. specially if its a case of me not knowing what im missing if i never had it haha
only thing i really do wish i had was heated/cooled seats as i had heated seats in my golf gti a few years ago.
still stoked with the car and the price got so cant complain too much!

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
demo in WA for around $25K without a sunroom,

Now that I would like to see with one.  :D
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

demo in WA for around $25K without a sunroom,

Now that I would like to see with one.  :D

Oops!  :crazy1: :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal