Microsoft Windows and Office at Discount Prices

AlanHo · 7 · 1454

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Over the past few months I have purchased 3 copies of MS Office 2016 Professional Plus for £38.50 each.

The first one for my computer - the others for family members who lean on me for computer advice.

I was a bit sceptical at first - you read so much about scams on the internet. But it was fine, and I obtained a genuine download complete with a proper product key which was activated by Microsoft when I installed it. The other two purchases went just as smoothly.

I obtained them from here (From where you can also obtain various versions of Windows - including Windows 10):-

:link: Office 2016 - UniqSoftware

They have customer support offices in US/Canada and Australia but are based in London UK as official Microsoft Partners
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Aside from the email client in Microsoft Office doesn't Libre Office contain all the same functionality? moved my father over to Libre Office several years ago and he reckons it the same thing "for free" :)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I have Libre Office installed on my desktop because it is the office suite I installed on computers I built for friends and family. It makes it easier for me to learn the idiosyncrasies of Libre Office to support them via Team Viewer. In future I will be recommending they spend a little extra to get MS Office.

Whilst Libre office is usable - I don't find navigating it as easy as with Word, excel etc. (You can't beat the real thing - as I said to a gay friend recently). I am also a great Outlook fan and have weaned a few friends off web Emails so that they are better insulated from the cloud and can easily back-up their Emails, address book and calendar - all in one integrated package.

Yer pays yer money and yer teks yer pick.  I don't mind paying 40 quid for the best there is - there's no such thing as a totally free lunch.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Aside from the email client in Microsoft Office doesn't Libre Office contain all the same functionality? moved my father over to Libre Office several years ago and he reckons it the same thing "for free" :)
I like Libre Office but the copies which come with my tablets seem to have ads embedded in them.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Whilst Libre office is usable - I don't find navigating it as easy as with Word, excel etc. (You can't beat the real thing - as I said to a gay friend recently). I am also a great Outlook fan and have weaned a few friends off web Emails so that they are better insulated from the cloud and can easily back-up their Emails, address book and calendar - all in one integrated package.
If it suits your needs and usability its the best version  :goodjob2:

Concerning Outlook, excellent email client though I've mostly converted all bar a few friends and family in the other direction to web based Outlook for safety.

If infected email gets opened with their web based mail provider it's easier back out of or rectify, if the same email gets opened locally on a system via an email client results can be more destuctive.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I like Libre Office but the copies which come with my tablets seem to have ads embedded in them.
I haven't seen the Android app version :Dunno: there are no ads in the Windows versions that I've ever noticed.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I haven't seen the Android app version :Dunno: there are no ads in the Windows versions that I've ever noticed.
...or the Linux version.  :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal