i30 Owners Club

Retention OEM fold out camera

Offline b15hop40k

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hello,

I'm Upgrading my stock head unit LAN1050EHGD with Navigation to a Kenwood DDX9018DABS
And want to trying to retention the OEM fold out reversing camera I have found there a couple of adapter that may work.
:link: Aerpro APVHY01 Factory camera to aftermarket video adapter | Free Shipping | Automotive Superstore
:link: Aerpro APVKI03 Factory camera Video Retention KIA | Free Shipping | Automotive Superstore
:link: Scosche CRT-HY01 Backup Camera Retention for 15-16 Hyundai Tucson

or diy it

now there say it works with Tucson but I have a my15 i30 SR and plug look the same as one at the back of head unit
if anyone his any ideas or other options let me know

at this stage i will do the upgrade myself
  • 2015 SR 4D Hatch, petrol 2.0lt,Auto, White

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Because the Tucson’s camera has not any moving parts its easy to retrofit. The i30’s camera is not only connected to the head unit. You have ti drill a whole behind the badge. Also some wires are connected to the revering lights so the camera pops out when shifting in reverse. I retrofitted the camera myself on the oem unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You have ti drill a whole behind the badge.
:eek: I don't think so, power is already to the OEM rear camera activated via the reverse switch so basically it's just the video feed into the old unit needs to be adapted to the new Kenwood unit.

@b15hop40k  I've no idea which adaptor is required though some of the techies on the forum should, you could always get your local car audio shop to look at the system for you and have them order the part required.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Yes, if the camera is already installed from the factory the wires are all there. If it is retrofitted you have to connect wire by wire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline b15hop40k

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Yar, got it to work
  • 2015 SR 4D Hatch, petrol 2.0lt,Auto, White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal