i30 Owners Club

gearbox oil level 6speed i30 1.8 2014

macaz · 4 · 1394

Offline macaz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ayr queensland
hi all,
         yesterday i changed oil and filter and checked or rather thought i checked the gearbox oil, i took out the black 14mm head bolt facing the radiator, used some bent wire to see how far oil was down and could not contact oil, i did see the 17 head silver bolt facing offside and thought it was a housing bolt, i decided to check in here before going any further and seen jordie,s post, checked it and all ok, i used a light and mirror and the 14mm head bolt seems to be an inspection hole, i have driven it today all seems ok have i harmed anything by removing the black bolt, yes i should have checked here first,my bad.
  • 2013, GD, 5 DOOR HATCH, PETROL 1.8lt, MANUAL, i30 active, WHITE.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
As long as the bolt went back/tightened correctly you'll be fine :goodjob2:

Offline macaz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ayr queensland
thanks CraigB, could it possibly be a filler hole so when changing oil the level plug hole is easier to see when full, or an access for a special gearbox tool?
  • 2013, GD, 5 DOOR HATCH, PETROL 1.8lt, MANUAL, i30 active, WHITE.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
thanks CraigB, could it possibly be a filler hole so when changing oil the level plug hole is easier to see when full, or an access for a special gearbox tool?
Id think it's just an inspection bolt :undecided: NZ or TW will know more about that than me, filler will be the same bolt as level at 1.8/1.9ltrs of 75W-85 fluid which from memory doesn't  leak when bolt is removed anyway.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal