i30 Owners Club

Rattle under rear seats of i30 Tourer wagon

Offline Sharpie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Just purchased second hand 2016 Tourer Wagon. Rattle seems to be under rear seats when turning corners, going around roundabouts. Sounds like something loose moving back and forth as I turn.  I have checked under all seats, in boot, seat belts, nothing found to explain this. Any ideas ,before I take it to the dealer?
  • 2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Wagon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Without us being able to hear the rattle it would be impossible to say what it could be :Dunno:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Sharpie,

These noises can travel. Are you sure the seat backs are properly locked in place. Also the parcel shelf can rattle if it is not fully extended and clipped in place. We have a 2014 tourer.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Maybe something sliding in the boot, like in the spare wheel well. Could be a rock stuck in the base of the rear spring, I had noises from rocks collecting there(poke em out with a screwdriver).
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Maybe something sliding in the boot, like in the spare wheel well. Could be a rock stuck in the base of the rear spring, I had noises from rocks collecting there(poke em out with a screwdriver).

Cant be that, not just yet! .. he's only done 350,000km.

As you should understand from all the information he has given us.  :mrgreen:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal