i30 Owners Club

Naming your car.....

MT-RED · 11 · 1937

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
Ok so I appreciate this post night result in you all thinking .... who is this new wired Brit? But, I'm going to out it out there anyway  :)

How many of you name your cars or is it just me and my family? Lol

I picked up my i30 yesterday and 'he' (yes he is a he, by virtue of HIS name) has been named Hagrid by my son who is a massive Harry Potter Fan. 'Hagrid the Hyundai' kind of rolls off the tongue anyway  :lol:

If any of you are equally as mad as me I would love to hear your names and any reasons for them!  :goodjob:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 00:53:02 by MT-RED »
  • 2017 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Grey

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Ok so I appreciate this post night result in you all thinking .... who is this new wired Brit? But, I'm going to out it out there anyway  :)

How many of you name your cars or is it just me and my family? Lol

I picked up my i30 yesterday and 'he' (yes he, is a he by virtue or HIS name) has been named Hagrid by my son who is a massive Harry Potter Fan. 'Hagrid the Hyundai' kind of rolls off the tongue anyway  :lol:

If any of you are equally as mad as me I would love to hear your names and any reasons for them!  :goodjob:
I've nicknamed one of mine "The Tractor" 2008 CRDi manual, why? because it's approaching 400000 km and has a tow ball. Anything with that capabilty, longevity which runs on diesel must be a bloody Tractor!

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
Love it and great to hear it's going strong at 400000 KM, hope mine get that far!  :goodjob:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I love Frugal Firty’s proven 4.1L/100km, so the name stays on strong. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We had a bit of a naming comp on here for my first of four i30s. It was moonlight blue colour as per the 1st car in my signature. We settled on Luna. Haven't bothered naming any of the others.  Not that I haven't been happy with them.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
@tw2005 I had a audi 80 diesel, anno 1986, that was called "Traktorn" because of the thick black smoke, noise and acceleration speed. :)

All my other cars have just been the s80, or the merc etc. The i30 is usually called Hyndan or plainly itrettin. Rather boring... Now my computers have all been named after Neptune's moons. :)
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
We had a bit of a naming comp on here for my first of four i30s. It was moonlight blue colour as per the 1st car in my signature. We settled on Luna. Haven't bothered naming any of the others.  No that I haven't been happy with them.

Get them named then Dazzler! They might be feeling unloved if nameless  :wink: :happydance:

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
@tw2005 I had a audi 80 diesel, anno 1986, that was called "Traktorn" because of the thick black smoke, noise and acceleration speed. :)

All my other cars have just been the s80, or the merc etc. The i30 is usually called Hyndan or plainly itrettin. Rather boring... Now my computers have all been named after Neptune's moons. :)

TRAKTORN  :goodjob: .... Love it!  :)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
My daughter christened my FD "Hoondai" because of the way I drive.  :happydance:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
PS.
She drives the same way.

I've taught her well.  :goodjob2:

Her Accent was *** SNF when first registered.
So it became "Snuffy"  It has since been re-registered in the NT and again backmin Qld but it's still "Snuffy"
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
PS.
She drives the same way.

I've taught her well.  :goodjob2:

Her Accent was *** SNF when first registered.
So it became "Snuffy"  It has since been re-registered in the NT and again backmin Qld but it's still "Snuffy"

hahahaha  :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal