i30 Owners Club

Australians - Where are you buying your GD Outer CV joint replacements?

Offline cestlavie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane
I have used this forum to look for part numbers etc and i believe they are 495913X2B5 and xx2B0. for a 2013 Manual elite 6spd 1.8l petrol

However i can't seem to find them on Ebay or other parts store, in fact finding any transmission parts for GD manual is difficult, am i missing something?

cheers
  • 2013 GD Elite Manual Black

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I have used this forum to look for part numbers etc and i believe they are 495913X2B5 and xx2B0. for a 2013 Manual elite 6spd 1.8l petrol

However i can't seem to find them on Ebay or other parts store, in fact finding any transmission parts for GD manual is difficult, am i missing something?

cheers

I think any OEM CV part will be near impossible to track or cross easily. I've tried for the inners on the diesels which I think I may have found something but th ebrand I don't trust for quality.

The outer joints will be the same though and the only reason there is a difference in part numbers is because it's a shaft kit. It includes other items like dynamic dampers so left side and right side are different.

Why not just find a low k shaft off a wreck or go aftermarket. OEM joints will be off the scale price wise whiich leaves aftermarket.

Someone who works in the industry would be able to find a generic kit. Just a matter of getting the dimensios.  Inner spline number, type of joint, outer spline number and lentgh I would think.

I find the OEM boots are generally more durable than anything aftermarket.

WHat happened to yours? Have they racked up many Ks?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I've used GSP shafts, they have a main office here in Coopers Plains

I can't confirm if this info is 100%, off their chinese site for manual 1.8 2012 on,

Forgot to mention ABS ring also a consideration

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
It looks like the outer joints are the same for FD - GD in the petrol variant at least. (manual)

Supercheap shows them at $75 each needless to say finding them on Ebay is easy too.

They also show different parts for auto and manual.

This is off the chinese site, again can't confirm if correct (manual)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

:link: Joint Kit, drive shaft GSP 824132 - Reduced prices

Anyway , this one way conversation has been most stimulating :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

:link: Joint Kit, drive shaft GSP 824132 - Reduced prices

Anyway , this one way conversation has been most stimulating :whistler:
I enjoyed it (and appreciated it) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cestlavie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane
Brilliant thanks heaps !!
I will grab a set of FD outers to compare.

140,000km and I'm not 100% it's the CV, I have a  'clunk' when taking off, and low speed accelerating and decelerating like slack is being taken up by torque. No noise when cornering or doing a low speed circle.
I can find any movement in suspension, control arms, ball joints, tie rods,sway bars. The hub nut or shaft retaining nut is torqued correctly and I cannot induce a noise when under it anywhere but in the drive shafts, and that could be normal. So I'll do the easy stuff like brake pads and outer CV before admitting defeat and taking it Hyundai.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Brilliant thanks heaps !!
I will grab a set of FD outers to compare.

140,000km and I'm not 100% it's the CV, I have a  'clunk' when taking off, and low speed accelerating and decelerating like slack is being taken up by torque. No noise when cornering or doing a low speed circle.
I can find any movement in suspension, control arms, ball joints, tie rods,sway bars. The hub nut or shaft retaining nut is torqued correctly and I cannot induce a noise when under it anywhere but in the drive shafts, and that could be normal. So I'll do the easy stuff like brake pads and outer CV before admitting defeat and taking it Hyundai.
Maybe mounts could be worth checking. you could apply the brakes and gently load the clutch up and off and see if it replicates.

Don't know what the wear points are in the GD, FD the control arm bushings tear and separate over time but I don't recall clunks more sudden direction changes with braking and road camber.

What about the cross member  to chassis bolts?

What about that engine / transmission stay

I'm thinking if a shaft had enough clearance to clunk you'd have bigger issues like hepas of noise and vibration.

If the boots are good and grease has never escaped, I thints CVs is a longshot.

Check the specs on those outer CV, I think Auto and manual are different internal spline

Offline cestlavie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane
Yeah put up on hoist and put movement into all the suspension bushings and ball joints, motor mounts etc  and they all seem fine with no play or noise. I ran it in the local  Woolies underground park last night for better sound and I'm starting to believe it's clutch related,, throw out bearing maybe if these have them. I've ordered the brake pads and cv outer joints as they are reasonably priced, not difficult to replace  and won't be wasted if they go on and are not the cause. I'll hand over to the experts after that and prepare the wallet.....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal