i30 Owners Club

TPMS

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Sorry haven't been on for ages- which means the i30 is coming up to ten years and only had an alternator changed. Done 90k miles and recently had a service at my trusted independent.

About 6 months ago, had 4 new Maxxis AP2 tyres put on by a tyre shop but the screw that was holding the value seems to have been damaged or corroded. Yesterday was driving on motorway and the value and TPMS unit must have fell off and tyre deflated. Luckily wasn't going that fast so managed to stop at safe place.

Firstly, do I need the original part and how much would this cost and any idea of the part number so I can try eBay?  If I get a copy version, would that be compatible. Finally, how do you reset the TPMS?

I am disappointed that Hyundai has given me a full size alloy spare wheel but no TPMS! Unbelievable!

Thanks in advance. i30 Premium 1.6 auto. UK

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
A Hyundai main dealer should be able to quote you for one.

Meanwhile here is a third party supplier. You will find more using Google and Ebay.

:link: Hyundai i30

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Thanks for the link.

I called Hyundai and they wanted £250 to fit and supply and resetting!

Luckily my friend recommended UKtyres in Mill Hill who fitted an after market one and reset the TPMS light too. £70. He said it's a common problem that the valve snapped or become corroded.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the link.

I called Hyundai and they wanted £250 to fit and supply and resetting!

Luckily my friend recommended UKtyres in Mill Hill who fitted an after market one and reset the TPMS light too. £70. He said it's a common problem that the valve snapped or become corroded.

Good to hear. Your salted roads and inclement weather wouldn't help. I suspect it would be much less of a problem in Australia and other warmer/drier climates that don't salt the roads.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Apparently the Tyre shop said if Hyundai fitted a TPSM on the spare , it will show up if there is less air, also. My reply was, isn't this a good idea since you don't want the spare to be under pressure when you need to use it, right?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal