i30 Owners Club

New Tyres for i30

Offline melville1

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      cheshire
Wonder if anybody can help, went for Mot, got an advisory saying minor cracking on drivers side front inner tyre, I want to fit some new tyres, when I go on the website and put my reg in, it comes back with 195s, but my car has 185s on, I had alook at the plate on drivers side door, this gives 3 different sizes, how can I find out what size should be fitted, it is a CRDI 2010 model, any advise would help
  • hyhundai i30 crdi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Are you the original owner?

If no, wonder if changed before bought.

If yes, i'd be asking dealer for confirmation as they should be able to check to build speci and or dealer supply details.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline melville1

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      cheshire
No not original owner I have owned it for nearly 2 years, I have a receipt for tyres been fitted in 2014, 4 new were fitted by previous owner
  • hyhundai i30 crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did a quick search of FD i30's on a website called Carsales here in Australia. Looking at a 2009 and a 2011 with 15" wheels they both were listed with 195/65 R15 tyres.

The i30 for Europe initially came from the same Korean factory as our Aussie delivered ones, but was switched to the Czech factory some time in 2009 I think. Wouldn't think they would have changed the tyre sizes though.

Just had another idea. Brain is working good for someone who had a shocker of a nights sleep! Check your spare (that might give you a clue if it hasn't been rotated.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Can't see the issue here.

Surely you replace the worn tyres with whatever spec is currently fitted, nomatter what any website says? Or am I missing something here.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline melville1

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      cheshire
Thanks for advise, I cheaked my spare and its a 185, this looks like original tyre
  • hyhundai i30 crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for advise, I cheaked my spare and its a 185, this looks like original tyre

All sorted then.  :goodjob:

Would have been unusual for them to have changed the aspect ratio of the tyres unless they were trying to alter speedo accuracy.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Do tyre check by NOT putting reg in and see what it brings up.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I'm pretty sure early in the piece there were a number of owners, mostly in Europe who has 185s as OE fitment.
If both 185 and 195 on your placard are shown for the same rim width then either will suit, as Shambles says.
I'd go 195s if it was me but it might be best to stay with what is in the spare.
However, how old is the spare?
If it's as old as the car, get rid of it.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Wonder if spare is original fit as both my i30's, 2007 and 2012, only came with space savers.

Offline melville1

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      cheshire
Spare looks original , its a Hankook, I will stick to 185s it runs very good on these, maybe when buying new you can specify which size you want on the car
  • hyhundai i30 crdi

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've stuck with the original spec for mine as a 'top of the line' SLX. They protrude slightly more than the rims and therefore protect them from kerbs. I'm a long way from replacing them but might go wider. I still remember how good the 235s looked on the Commodore.  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I've stuck with the original spec for mine as a 'top of the line' SLX. They protrude slightly more than the rims and therefore protect them from kerbs. I'm a long way from replacing them but might go wider. I still remember how good the 235s looked on the Commodore.  :lol:

:goodjob: 
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal