i30 Owners Club

Day time running light burned out

Offline A. Tawfik

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northampton
Good morning everyone, I have inquiry please. One of my day time running light stop working so I guess it burned out and I was looking online to buy a nother one but couldn't get really any useful information to buy.. Any one knows where to buy and how much  it cost to buy or replace.. Thank you
  • Hyundai i30 2012 1.6 diesel, blue

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Hmmmmm I had a quick google search myself..... I see your issue.
Aside from only driving at night time, it would appear a quick trip to a dealership for genuine parts might be in order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • i30 2016 Active X, 5 Door Hatch 1.8 petrol Auto

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Why would this limit travel to night time only? There is probably nothing terribly wrong about driving in the day time without the DRL. If it is because it also affects the turn indicator, then driving with the parkers on may be enough to restore the expected function.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline A. Tawfik

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northampton
Thank you for your reply.. It not an issue for me at all to drive without the day time running light but I just want to change it for the look but I couldn't find anything online where to buy that light and is it gonna be expensive or no because the place where is the light is underneath the front bumper so it might be long work to do.. I dunno :(

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
If its the same as the  previous model you can get up from underneath to replace it. you might have to remove the engine tray. easy enough to do but have a bag of the plastic clips standing by as they are easy to break.

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Why would this limit travel to night time only? There is probably nothing terribly wrong about driving in the day time without the DRL. If it is because it also affects the turn indicator, then driving with the parkers on may be enough to restore the expected function.
My poor attempt at humour.... I merely suggested Driving at night time with headlights to aid visibility... it may benefit of oneself a visual warning of inbound vehicles/bicycles/skateboards/ unicorns. Etc
Driving at night time limits you to... but not including crocodile/kangaroo/wallaby it wombat ingress.

PERSONALLY I WRAP MYSELF IN BUBBLE WRAP. Merely as a preventative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • i30 2016 Active X, 5 Door Hatch 1.8 petrol Auto

Offline A. Tawfik

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northampton
Thank you for your reply. So I found parts on ebay which expensive start from 160 £ but I got a question if u know please. Inside the whole part of fog light there is a fog light bulb and drl which are together inside the part. So my fog light is still working but only the drl only burn out so can i take the whole part of and replace only the drl bulbs or is it built in and u must change the whole part.. I hope I explained good.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Before you buy/change have you checked out other possibilities as to why not working.

If yours is like mine, the drl are a number of led's along the outer edge and for them all to go off and the fog still working may just mean such as a loose connection in/behind light fitting so trace the wire or a fuse.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline A. Tawfik

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northampton
Yeh I think your right.. I will try to check that as the fog light still working and drl is not.. Tone honest its always foggy or steamy inside the part itself so I think it because of water but I will take ur advice.. Thank you

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal