i30 Owners Club

THB Bury CC9060 Handsfree kit - installation...

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
This isn't exactly a step-by-step guide, but it may help anyone thinking of getting the same kit.

1. The kit...

2. Fitting the microphone is easy - sticky tape and a screw...

3. Hiding the cables is also very easy (the one in the pic isn't quite finished yet!)...

4. REMOVING THE STEREO HEAD UNIT (I disconnected the battery at this point) - The plastic trim around the stereo comes out if you keep trying and the stereo head unit has just 4 screws. See the following thread for full details and pics - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=614

5. MAKING THE CONNECTIONS TO THE STEREO - I connected the 2 handsfree kit connectors to the bottom 2 stereo connectors (the grey and the brown ones). It was impossible to do it wrong because they only fit one way. This pic shows the connectors in the back of the stereo before they were routed through the handsfree kit...

6. THE FINISHED ARTICLE and it really works!...

THE GOOD AND THE BAD...

Bad Points - The fitting instructions are not as clear as I would have liked, partly because they are translated from the original german by someone who THINKS he is good at english, but he isn't. Also partly because the instructions have to be a bit generalised due to the fact that all car stereos are different and partly because I am really not very good at electrics.

Good Points - Everything about the kit seems to be good so far. It has excellent features... for example it uses both front speakers, it is VERY clear, it reads your text messages to you, it knows all the names in your address book and it recognises your voice without training.
Another good thing for me personally is that I paid only £109 for the kit and installed it myself, instead of the £255 quoted by my local car audio shop for supplying and fitting, saving myself £146!

I would recommend it if you want a hands free kit.

ps - My car is a right-hand drive UK model, 'premium' spec, with a single CD stereo. I don't know if the process would be exactly the same for other cars.

G

Edit - I've woken up this morning and decided to move the head unit cradle to a more 'stealthy', less noticeable position, probably down near the cigarette lighter that nobody uses.

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Aaaaaaaaaah - here's a MUCH better place for the monitor (not so visible, easy to hide, etc)...

...and I've hidden that ugly wire now too  

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
nice one 8-)

Search for them on google ;) i got them from the belgium pioneer site

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
The Pioneer looks lovely - if only I could afford it!

...and to be honest with you, I already have satnav, the i30's ipod connection and stereo are quite OK for me and now I have a handsfree kit too, so I have all I need at 25% of the price of the Pioneer. You pay your money and make your choice, as we say.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal