i30 Owners Club

Cartronics TL-01 DM-01 AD-01 FS-02 GD-03 GD-04 v2.05.10 Firmware (Dec 11, 2018)

bagerlk · 106 · 60312

Offline bagerlk

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Cartronics have just released new firmware for the TL-01, DM-01, AD-01, FS-02, GD-03 and GD-04 head units dated December 11, 2018 containing Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth enhancements and bug fixes. The version numbers of the new firmware are:

SW Ver: 2.05.10
Micom: 3.28.00
Platform: 1.76.00

Notable fixes include:

LCD Display - Blank (black), green or noisy image may be displayed on the LCD screen when the vehicle is started and the transmission shifted to Drive
Reverse Camera - Blank (black), green or noisy image may be displayed on the LCD screen after the transmission is shifted to reverse
Reverse Camera - Reverse camera image may continue to be displayed on the LCD after transmission is shifted from reverse to another gear.
Bluetooth - In some cases a call may not be ended when selecting the red ‘hang‐up’ button on the audio unit LCD
Bluetooth - Bluetooth disconnection and re-connection occurs at the commencement of a phone call
Clock - Clock and date occasionally loses memory
Apple CarPlay - Clicking/popping noise when playing audio through Apple CarPlay
Apple CarPlay / Android Auto - Poor radio reception due to missing antenna amplifier power supply after CarPlay or Android Auto navigation instruction or phone message chime

[hide]Full Release Notes - here
Firmware Download Instructions - here (downloads a document with instructions/link to firmware located on Cartronics Dropbox page)[/hi

Edited for current Firmware link

Firmware download link http://mega.nz/file/4VNS1CBC#TDtyBj-i0walRinImFxvqR2U9YLgyPwrU5hdx96FhMM
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:23:01 by CraigB »
  • 2016 Hyundai i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta: :brilliant: :hatoff:

Obviously I'll retract all that if someone gets a virus or we get sued for giving dodgy information.  :2giggling:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Dazz, links are to the legitimate Cartronic's PDF and Dropbox download, also appears they've made the download completely public  :happydance:

Downloading now so will give my views when installed.

Offline bagerlk

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I have just finished installing the firmware on my GD-03 previously running v2.05.05 and all went well with the upgrade. Haven’t done much testing other than setting up the time, tuning radio stations and re-pairing my iPhone via Bluetooth after I restored to default settings post upgrade. No issues here thus far.
  • 2016 Hyundai i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The 2.05.10 update is all good :goodjob2: no clicking noises in car play anymore and 93.7 FM has better signal now with the powered antenna fix :happydance: all other features seem to function as they should.

Upgrade process...run the update file as described within the PDF link - check update file is completed to correct file version - pull usb stick out - initialise system - retune stations - re-sync Bluetooth to phone.

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
Sounds like a good update overall fixing many issues

@aanastasiou4 I am sure you will want to update, hopefully it will fix your problems
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Sounds like a good update overall fixing many issues

@aanastasiou4 I am sure you will want to update, hopefully it will fix your problems
You are a hero, thank you SO much! I downloaded the file and I will install it on Friday when I go home. Once again a really big thank you!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline nugget22

• 1st Gear

• Adelaide AU

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Guys, do I have to run the update 2 times, then pull out the usb and then initialize?

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Guys, do I have to run the update 2 times, then pull out the usb and then initialize?
After running it once check the version via - settings/system, if the version numbers are all the same as what's listed then no need to run again, pull usb out and hit default/initialise.

If you were previously running the .05 sw version then you should only require the sw version to update to .10 as all other components will be the same :)

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
After running it once check the version via - settings/system, if the version numbers are all the same as what's listed then no need to run again, pull usb out and hit default/initialise.

If you were previously running the .05 sw version then you should only require the sw version to update to .10 as all other components will be the same :)
Thanks!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Anyone have any knowledge/thoughts on swapping a GD-01 head unit for a GD-03 one (if I can source it)?
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Anyone have any knowledge/thoughts on swapping a GD-01 head unit for a GD-03 one (if I can source it)?

Hi Neville. Your wish is our command.

Full thread about doing it here. Might be a bit of info elsewhere too I think.

:link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Hi Neville. Your wish is our command.

Full thread about doing it here. Might be a bit of info elsewhere too I think.

:link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
@i30premy  I don’t want to be a stick in the mud but are you looking for your listed i30 Premium? I believe the premiums have a satnav unit and the GD-03 unit does not fit correctly due to the different base shape of the satnav unit fascia.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:36:54 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@i30premy Neville, you should be able to get a brand new, brand name, aftermarket unit with better features than the GD-03 for well under a $1000 installed I'd imagine.  :cool:

Not a brand name but this one sounds ok (so to speak)

:link: for HYUNDAI I30 2012-17 DVD CD GPS NAVIGATION ANDROID HEAD UNIT FACT FIT +CAMERA | eBay

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@i30premy Neville, you should be able to get a brand new, brand name, aftermarket unit with better features than the GD-03 for well under a $1000 installed I'd imagine.  :cool:

Not a brand name but this one sounds ok (so to speak)

:link: for HYUNDAI I30 2012-17 DVD CD GPS NAVIGATION ANDROID HEAD UNIT FACT FIT +CAMERA | eBay
Dazz, I'm not sure whether that unit will have the same issue of not matching the lower centre fascia shape where the unit meets the aircon, it might be possible to find some of those type to fit the premium models though most of them were made to be exchangeable with the base model non satnav vehicles, something to definitely query with the seller before purchasing anyway to make sure it will fit a satnav model.

Name brand units are obtainable from $800 minimum if wanting carplay/android auto though once you add the harness and fascia surround plus installation I think you'd be looking closer to $1200 or $1500.

Offline oscargamer

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Big thanks to all.

.10 version works great. No more clock issues. No more Apple clicking.

THUMBS UP and MERRY XMAS !
  • Tucson

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I don't know what is wrong with this radio! Version info all shown correctly, followed all the steps but nothing is fixed... Even the clock keeps resetting which means the update has not been installed. It is so frustrating.

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't know what is wrong with this radio! Version info all shown correctly, followed all the steps but nothing is fixed... Even the clock keeps resetting which means the update has not been installed. It is so frustrating.
Is your usb formatted to Fat32...? try running the update again, I've monitored the responses of a dozen or more installs now and not one has had problems or failed.

There is a possibility you may have a corrupted download though I would expect the system to have refused the file or given a warning if it were so, try downloading the file again via the links provided or as an option the file has also been saved here courtesy of reuku8 from the Whirlpool forums  :link: MEGA
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:41:32 by CraigB »

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Yes, freshly restored usb! I will download your link and try again... Thanks!!!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@aanastasiou4 did you run the file again? any better now?

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
@aanastasiou4 did you run the file again? any better now?
I am currently abroad and I am going back home on Sunday so I will try it on Sunday and let you know, thanks!!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline oscargamer

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      VIC

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Hello guys! Big question mark here. I have added Hyundai's original JBL amp and speakers ages ago. Thats the cause of no audio through usb (on radio mode it works fine). I disconnected the amp and usb/ apple carplay works fine now! Can anyone help me? The amp connect to the radio port and then there is a female port connecting on the original car's radio connector. If I am not mistaken the Amp doesn't have a software to interfere with the radio software.... Very strange.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:04:52 by aanastasiou4 »
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Is this topic still running?

It is now!  :D

What did you need?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I’m thinking the GD-03 unit you upgraded, being an Australian system was never meant to run inline with your JBL Hyundai amp.

Power output on the GD-03 unit will be different just like the USB port is also now running higher current to supply Apple Play and Android Auto.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I’m thinking the GD-03 unit you upgraded, being an Australian system was never meant to run inline with your JBL Hyundai amp.

Power output on the GD-03 unit will be different just like the USB port is also now running higher current to supply Apple Play and Android Auto.
It was working fine with the gd-03 before the .07 update but it was always working on radio mode during all the update versions so I don't know what is wrong...

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline xxxsparkxxx

• 1st Gear

• Rockhampton AUS

Offline lzancan

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Anyone else having problems with android auto no playing audio when running spotify?  Bluetooth audio works fine. No sound when plugged in via usb cable. Also my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone. A bit wierd.
  • i30 2015 wagon

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal