i30 Owners Club

i30 active smartsense?

Offline annie49

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi, Following on from a previous post, I have decided to update my 6.5 year old i30. I was thinking of i30 Active Smartsense but now having second thoughts re the smartsense. Not so much the extra $2000 but rather whether the features are helpful or whether the alarms/beeping are so annoying people turn them off. So wondering current owners have any feedback please re smartsense on the Active vs just Active? I to book an Active/smartsense next week but it is often hard to assess so much during a short drive. Many thanks.
  • i30 petrol auto

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I wanted the smartsense pack for the rear air vents for the kids in the back. Also the electronic handbrake so didn't have the manual one poking up. The blind spot and rear alert sensors would have been good too as i drive into the city and park everyday.

I ended up just going an active without smartsense because they had a new one in stock for 22.5k. If i wanted smart sense i would have an extended wait as they ordered it and the price would have gone up by more than 2k cause it wouldn't have just been one of the cars they had on hand.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline asdetail

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
Hi, Following on from a previous post, I have decided to update my 6.5 year old i30. I was thinking of i30 Active Smartsense but now having second thoughts re the smartsense. Not so much the extra $2000 but rather whether the features are helpful or whether the alarms/beeping are so annoying people turn them off. So wondering current owners have any feedback please re smartsense on the Active vs just Active? I to book an Active/smartsense next week but it is often hard to assess so much during a short drive. Many thanks.

smartsense option is worth it for the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist alone, both of which perform very well on my i30 n line, makes highway drives less stressful by far.
  • 2019 i30 n-line dct

Offline Banisteraus

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Punchbowl
All new cars are getting smartsense options as standard my be better to have when reselling the features are good and messages not annoying just turn down volume.  Adaptive cruise control very good, cheaper insurance bonus.
  • I30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal