i30 Owners Club

Hello from the beautiful green hills of Korumburra

Offline Yorkshire Gal

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland, Victoria
Hi there, thanks for including me on the Forum.

I'm a little excited to say the least.

I am in the process of purchasing a 2017 Hyundai i30 Active Hatchback. ( Auto ) ( White ).
Yes, I probably could have bought a base model GO brand new, but the temptation of the features of the Active plus tinted windows and a towbar pushed me towards the older model, plus country kms, only 36k.

I have been a loyal Toyota fan for the last 10 years and was thinking it was time for a change, so possibly purchasing a KIA Cerato, a Kia Rio (GTLine) or a Hyundai i30 hatchback.
So headed out to look at some options. Funny how things happen, but the first car I sat in was the Hyundai and it's the one I ended up buying.

A few reasons for this were the difference for me, a smoother ride, less road noise and I loved the interior. I initially thought the Kia had more bling factor (silly me haha).
I guess it's a personal choice. Oh, and a bit of advice goes a long way from our good friend Daz, thanks.

At the end of the day, it's an emotional choice with a little bit of commonsense thrown in. I hope I have made the right decision.

Cheers, Sue.  :D

• 2017 Hyundai i30 Active (auto)

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline mrexcitement

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi , Welcome

They are a very reliable car and should serve you well.

I have a 2010 wagon diesel and it's just clicked over 200,000 kms and still going strong.
  • 2010 FD WAGON ,DIESEL 1.6, AUTO, SKY BLUE

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'day Yorkshire Gal,

:i30:

Enjoy Sue,  :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Sue,

No worries, was pleased to help! I'm excited to have you on board...

When I explained to my Co-Admin and the moderators who you were married to..  :winker: they were wondering how you met... I told them I thought it was when you worked for Vic Roads and Rusty was the President of the Vic Roads fan club! :snigger:

I'm glad I let you make up your own mind which one you liked best. I prefer the styling inside and out of the i30 over the Cerato and also think the Active is worth the extra over the go (Trish's Kona is an Active too.. So although I kind of steered you that way, you can't Sue me (see what I did there) if it's a lemon. But I've never seen a white lemon so I think you are pretty safe.  :lol:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Yorkshire Gal

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland, Victoria
:welcome: Sue,

No worries, was pleased to help! I'm excited to have you on board...

When I explained to my Co-Admin and the moderators who you were married to..  :winker: they were wondering how you met... I told them I thought it was when you worked for Vic Roads and Rusty was the President of the Vic Roads fan club! :snigger:

I'm glad I let you make up your own mind which one you liked best. I prefer the styling inside and out of the i30 over the Cerato and also think the Active is worth the extra over the go (Trish's Kona is an Active too.. So although I kind of steered you that way, you can't Sue me (see what I did there) if it's a lemon. But I've never seen a white lemon so I think you are pretty safe.  :lol:

Thanks Daz, always glad to have an expert on hand. On the other hand, don't think Russ would have let me get away with buying a KIA in the end, lol. It was really my decision and it's funny how I did a complete flip. A new Hyundai fan was born.

Good to see your humour is still as sharp as ever.  :D  As you know Russ has his own opinions which don't necessarily align with others, but that's okay, we don't always have to see eye to eye. It does help our electricity bill with having so much energy in the air, haha.

We actually have a lot in common and he has a great sense of humour, you may have missed that.  :D

I look forward to giving an update when I pick up my much awaited car. Woohoo.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 Active (auto)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

All good Sue. You do make a great couple. Hopefully we can do a small road trip together sooner rather than later..  :goodjob:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcumwagon: It's Sue good to see you!
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Funny coincidence, I’d never heard of Korumburra until I purchased a 2016 Active X from there sight unseen two weeks ago.
Judging by the amount of mud and dirt I pressure washed off the car it is a very lush green part of the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • i30 2016 Active X, 5 Door Hatch 1.8 petrol Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Funny coincidence, I’d never heard of Korumburra until I purchased a 2016 Active X from there sight unseen two weeks ago.
Judging by the amount of mud and dirt I pressure washed off the car it is a very lush green part of the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes it is.. Very much like North West Tasmania.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal