NW Sydney Aust

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Came across it on Facebook!!

"Hyundai to offer a free update for models ranging back to 2015, that will enable android auto and apple Carplay n theses cars!"

The catch tho is that it seems to only be available in the US at the moment.

The update is free, although the dealer can do it for a set fee (unknown).

:crazy2: :crazy1:

Link:  :link: Hyundai models are getting Android Auto and CarPlay with a DIY update | The Verge

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Sorry if this is a really dumb question but is it possible for someone in the US to download this and upload it for the rest of us to use? Or are we going to run into compatibility issues?
  • 2016 i30 Active X, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Red

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
For some reason I think the US uses a different head unit to Australia

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I don't think it is available to Australia as we use a different head unit in our cars sourced locally from Cartronics (all models in Australia except for the models that come with GPS which are from Korea..
 But these run Windows CE on them so not sure if they can be upgraded to Carplay

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Well mine already offers apple carplay but I have an android so I'm waiting for the android auto update..
  • 2016 i30 Active X, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Red

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Ko - yes Cartronics will be the one working the Android Auto update for your head unit

Offline texasranger

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Are we likely to see upgrades to the infotainment for units as far back as my 2013 Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi 6spd Hatch?

While my dealer says yes, I do wonder if that's just a standard answer?
  • i30 Active Diesel 6sp Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I personally doubt it....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
I've chatted with Hyundai Australia via Facebook and the guy that answered said this won't be happening in Australia  :(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very seldom does any manufacturer of cars (or any electronic equipment) do software or firmware upgrades for anything more than say 12 months old.  :cool:

It would cost them too much money and time with notification, implementation and trouble shooting!

Offline wilrc1

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Vic
Any timeframe updates on when Android Auto will be rolled out across the 2016 range? I'm not committing to a new Hyundai until they release it
  • i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That was me in 2008 wanting factory cruise control in a CRDi. I waited a full year for one to appear. :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline paul0605

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Vic
Hey guys

A few of us have Highlanders (Tuscan / Santa Fe) & we have been told my Hyundai that Carplay & Andriod Auto will not be coming as our Nav units "are not compatible". Can anyone shed any light on why this might be? Already some of you seem to know the Nav units are sourced from Korea (whereas the Australian ones come from Cartronics), so that's already something.

Thanks!
  • Santa Fe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hey guys

A few of us have Highlanders (Tuscan / Santa Fe) & we have been told my Hyundai that Carplay & Andriod Auto will not be coming as our Nav units "are not compatible". Can anyone shed any light on why this might be? Already some of you seem to know the Nav units are sourced from Korea (whereas the Australian ones come from Cartronics), so that's already something.

Thanks!
I'm not sure of the other models you listed but the upgrade is only for i30's with the GD03 headunit which I believe is in the 2015 till current.

Offline vnaysharma

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Hey guys, just read an article that Hyundai has added Android Auto to all the latest models. It takes around 15 mins at the dealership to het the update.

Source: :link: Hyundai adds Android Auto
  • Hyundai i30 2016 Active X

Offline paul0605

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Vic

I'm not sure of the other models you listed but the upgrade is only for i30's with the GD03 headunit which I believe is in the 2015 till current.
[/quote]

Cool, thanks for that. I contacted the company that makes / provides the headunits with Nav & they said that it wasn't the hardware, it's that the software hasn't been developed yet. So an interesting one!

Interesting I read in a couple of other threads that ppl have been able to purchase replacement compatible headunits (i.e.GD03) from Hyundai - cost a bit, but didn't know that could be an option.
  • Santa Fe

Offline vnaysharma

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Why would the not provide the update files on My Hyundai portal so that anyone can update it themselves. The earliest time Suttons gave me was 10th of November to get the update done!  :blubber: :blubber:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Why would the not provide the update files on My Hyundai portal so that anyone can update it themselves.
I'd say that if the update was performed by the customer then you might void the warranty on the unit :undecided:

Possibly copy write issues/laws involved as well.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Why would the not provide the update files on My Hyundai portal so that anyone can update it themselves. The earliest time Suttons gave me was 10th of November to get the update done!  :blubber: :blubber:

10th of Nov. Thats a joke, they can't possibly be booked that solid that far ahead that they can't fit in an audio unit upgrade.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline vnaysharma

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

10th of Nov. Thats a joke, they can't possibly be booked that solid that far ahead that they can't fit in an audio unit upgrade.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe the chick at Arncliffe was too lazy to lookup the dates and pulled a random date.  Called up Suttons Roseberry today and got a booking for next Tuesday.  :) Excited!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

My thoughts exactly. Maybe the chick at Arncliffe was too lazy to lookup the dates and pulled a random date.  Called up Suttons Roseberry today and got a booking for next Tuesday.  :) Excited!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thats more like it.

Offline vnaysharma

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
UPDATE|: Went to suttons today for the update, and after an hour of fuckaround they come back and say that the android auto update has a couple of glitches so they did not install it and they don't know when they're gonna have a stable version.
so no luck :(
What a letdown!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hopefully @cruiserfied might have some update on this going forward.  I hope Suttons weren't bullshiting to save themselves some work...

Offline Thunderbird

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I find it difficult to believe that Hyundai would allow a glitchy, untested piece of software to get in to their dealer network  :confused:

Anyway, mine is due to be updated on Thursday and I will post results on this forum.  :)
  • 2016 SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Sparkling Metal

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
They need to try again.
We have done the update on over 15 vehicles now with no issues (mostly new stock but that makes no difference)

Offline Thunderbird

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
UPDATE|: Went to suttons today for the update, and after an hour of fuckaround they come back and say that the android auto update has a couple of glitches so they did not install it and they don't know when they're gonna have a stable version.
so no luck :(
What a letdown!
Smells like bull :crap: to me, they are probably busy and don't want to do any unpaid work. I would be emailing Hyundai and complaining.

My Android update thread is here -----> :link: Successful Android Auto Update No glitches found.
  • 2016 SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Sparkling Metal

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal