i30 Owners Club

PD and PD2 query...

Offline Sunshine72

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Just about to purchase an i30 sr 2018 pd2 model/series. In relation to the build date on the car’s metal plate under bonnet, will the month and or PD2 tag be on this plate? Just want to make sure I’m getting the July 2018 onwards PD2 series and don’t know how this would be differentiated from the PD series on the car? I’ve read that PD refers to pre July 2018 models. Hope this isn’t too confusing a question. Many thanks,
  • i30 SR 2018

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi Sunshine72 :)  Build plate should be on the inside of the front passenger door pillar and in the SR I think :undecided: the PD2 model also comes with the Infinity speaker system with a subwoofer in the rear hatch compartment.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
 There will be a ADR compliance plate and a Hyundai factory build plate

A vehicle can be built in one year and not complianced until the next. I currently have a Nov 2011 built wagon complianced in  Australia july 2012.

Not sure if the PD series have a different location to the older i30s but the compliance is on the inner passenger front, door A pillar, and white and the build plate is same door but on the B pillar,  black label,

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline JohnSRP

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Sunshine72,

If you are looking for an SR Premium it will have an Infinity logo on the top right corner of the touch screen and a subwoofer in the hatch. Love mine, doof, doof.  The standard SR doesn't get this.

Otherwise the hatch floor only has the one lower position in the PD2. The PD has two levels and could fit a full sized spare at extra cost.

From memory the first PD2 were built in May 2018

Here are images of the hatch. PD2 first.

• 2018 i30 PD2 SRP, 2012 i30 Premium 1.8P

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Beside the big arse woofer on the left hand side when you open the back hatch.  On the B pillar front passenger will show the build date.  Mine said Jun 2018 :)

My compliant is Jul 18 - A Pillar
Build date Jun 18 - B Pillar

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:23:54 by Blazorax »
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Sunshine72

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Many thanks to all responses.. much appreciated. We’ve been told we are receiving a PD2 series car with a full size spare fitted as an option (as we requested). Not getting the sr premium so will not have the infinity sound system although I’m sure That would have been nice! I’m guessing PD2 series cars will have a build date as May 2018 onwards which can be seen on the car.
  • i30 SR 2018

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I just did 350km round trip today to Jenolan caves.  Car just so responsive and a joy to drive, power is there when needed.   Did a whole trip and got a nice surprise on the fuel consumption.  6.3L/100Km :) 

darn, all these time driving in the city, lowest I ever got was 9.2L/100Km
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I just did 350km round trip today to Jenolan caves.  Car just so responsive and a joy to drive, power is there when needed.   Did a whole trip and got a nice surprise on the fuel consumption.  6.3L/100Km :) 

darn, all these time driving in the city, lowest I ever got was 9.2L/100Km

Yes, lovely up winding hills and I've averaged 6.5 l/100 kms for last 2350 kilometres of mostly highway driving.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal