i30 Owners Club

Best phone holder

sundiz · 5 · 1459

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I used sony z1 compacts for several years. 3 phones in total... I bought brodit active holder for the phone. Best phone holder I've ever used. Did hold the phone well and integrated charger was a great feature. Worth every penny, eventhough it costed 50€.

Last phone died when I dropped it to garage floor while working with the car, so it was time to upgrade the phone. Got a great deal of sony xz1 compact and I have now tried few general phone holders but they have been useless. Wanted to get something which connects to the air vent as suction cups do not work well in sub zero temps. I would also like to use extra case with the phone to cover it if/when I drop it again, so holders made for this specific model would not work.

What holders are you using? The vents in FD are quite vertical so both holders I have now do not work. They would need more tilt in the vents to get better support. Now the bottom part of the holder just hangs in the air... Or maybe I just dump the extra cover off the phone and get a model specific holder. Or maybe I should start training with the MIG welder and do a custom holder for my phone & cover.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
I use one of these, or an older and half price model that looks just like it:

:link: Telefonhållare UNISYNK | Clas Ohlson

The mounting thing broke long ago though, in my old car and the sticky stuff was useless. Its been with me like 5+ years. I have it secured to one of the vents with two zip ties. It is very adaptable for different sized phones and does not have any problem with extra cases etc.

Because it is fastned with zip ties in the vent its not perfectly stable tough and a little to spirited turn will have it move the vent grill and thus its own angle too.

I have been meaning to replace it because of this last issue, even if it only takes about 2 seconds to right it up again by adjusting the air vent blow direction, but thus far have not been bothered enough to do so. I do use it daily, I have the torque app running during my commuting, if I felt there was any serious issues with it I bet it would be replaced long ago. :)
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Bought this for the Santa, plus wiring for a 6db magnetic roof mount clear of sunroof . Smoothtalker brand via ebay and other locations.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
mine is placed in the glovebox as the police would put me in jail if its within easy reach.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal