i30 Owners Club

Glac's Crappy Audi (and other stuff)

Glacius · 204 · 40098

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Why is there light grey at the top right in the circle on the right?

Shouldn't all be the same darker colour...

Because its dirty :P car has not been detailed in that picture,

Yeah I am hopin this is a warranty thing It mostly 99% of time is, this is the main thing this has rest of the car is prestine mine condition, so it a good buy and the Quattro makes it so much better to drive in winter time.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'd reject the whole car - looks tainted to me :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
haha tainted ? what does that mean, well yeah It might have one cosmetic issue but who says I cant vinyl it :P

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
4x4.

My lad had a quattro TT and that held the road as if on a track.

However, he started to have an issue with the 4 wheel drive.

Never really got it sorted.

Ok it was a few years old but.........
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
hah you guys really dont want me to buy this car :P

I do have 12 month used warenty on the car ;) so I will use that for all its worth if its really bad I just sell it :P

glac

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
hah you guys really dont want me to buy this car :P

I do have 12 month used warenty on the car ;) so I will use that for all its worth if its really bad I just sell it :P

glac

But do you have to drive 1459 kilometres every time you need something fixed?  :Shocked:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
She'll be right Glac - you'll love it.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
So I am back with my baby , and I have to say WHY did I not get a Audi earlier this is one amazing MACHINE! omg, I had such a good time driving it home, best car i have driven ever, Its just perfect for our winter roads, and it handles like a dream,

Yeah I need new brake disks and it has a stone chip here and there, and an issue with the paint but my god what a CAR!... I loved my I30 I really did, but compare to this the Quattro drive is something out of this world, , I had a really good time driving my I30 down but had some serious bad weather, i had fog most of the drive and I only had a  1-3 meter of visability it was VERY scary, but I am glad I got there safe, and I took a different route with my Audi and also had some fog but not as bad,

I drove Sweden down and Norway back in a total of 3100 km drive! insane but loads of fun

Wierd bit is that I had to fuel the i30 on the way down 3 times almost, and on way back I only filled the Audi up 1 1/5 time, so in fuel  / diesel consumption they are nothing like, so all in all very happy with what I got and I will take some pictures cus it is GREY and not black! and i LOVE the color =)

glac

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I don't know,give a bloke an Audi and the I30 is forgotten  :rofl: glad you had a great trip and are happy with the new toy  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Was a bit P'd when you said all that nice stuff about the Audi .. Is that payback for the nice stuff I say about my Hybrid... :-[ :-[ :-[ :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
I don't know,give a bloke an Audi and the I30 is forgotten  :rofl: glad you had a great trip and are happy with the new toy  :goodjob2:
Was a bit P'd when you said all that nice stuff about the Audi .. Is that payback for the nice stuff I say about my Hybrid... :-[ :-[ :-[ :rofl:

Aww sorry guys, I do miss my i30, its nos doubt about that I still hold it as my dearest car, I have ever had, but because of it no be 4x4 I was so afraid I would kill it here in North =/ , but I do miss it I loved the look of it and the way it treated me,

I have had some issues with the Audi now, the wheels are not balanced, which I will do today, and there is a EGR valve thing i gotta fix, the car has some issue on low RPM so I will " blind " the valve and It might be all better

Also yesterday I had a test on the car, found out it has had a massive crash in2008, which I and the sales mann and the previous owner did NOT know, so the reason the paint is bad on booth and wheel arch is because of bad work =/

So the car might be totally resprayed from what I can tell but I will let you know, technical wise car is outstanding and there is no issues, since the crash the car has multiple parts changed so in a sense all those parts are 1-2 year newer then the car it self =) not bad really,

glac

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
This is why I don't like buying second hand cars...There's usually a reason people get rid of them.  :(

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Some people like Alan, pass on good 2nd hand cars, but there is an element of risk, too.

Hope Glac's repairs are done satisfactorily.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Sorry to hear about the previous history but as long as it was repaired to audi specifications all should be ok.

Here in uk we can do a check on a cars history prior to buying.

Here is one such company that does it,

https://www.hpi.co.uk/home/

Is that available for you?

I would be a bit concerned the garage didn't know AND the previous owner.

Take you are the 3rd owner.

So any redress with the garage?

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
HI guys

Yeah its a bit sad, but I should have done my research which I did not =/  fail but I learn,

the salesman and the 2nd owner never knew anything about it,  the 1st owner is the only one and it was 1 year after he bought it new in Norway, so consider it all it was done at factory standards and its no problem at all even though its not nice to know, I still can be happy that those parts are newere then the rest of the car and those parts are expensive, like waterpump and so on =)

glac

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Just hope the alignment is correct, otherwise, early tyre wear will result.

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
yeah but from what I could gather and have seen the front linkage system and most stuff on the front is " new " looking, so i recon it was a hit on front, or somthing, I will do some more diggint to find out ;)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Post #27... I'm no smart arse, just suspicious and been around a bit...

Sincerely hope all is good Glac...
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Yes the components may be new, but if the body is distorted, they wont align properly. :(

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
@ Phil

jus got of the phone with the company that did the repair the car was NOT badly damages so it was not twisted etc , only some minor damage on front side and stuff, i recon it has been damamged  from scrathes etc  and thats why.

will do some more diggin and keep u posted =)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :coolingoff: :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
So I had something interesting found out yesterday  after i had the car wheels on " balancing " my mate founds LODAS of rubber inside on of the tires, this is insane, they have run the wheels on the tire it self when it was flat cus its has a mark there and all the rubber was inside and that was making the car have some vibration"

here is a picture

as you can see it was quite a lot =)

And there was very thick dirt inside the wheels, as you can see here not good pic but its around 1 cm thick! quite insane my mate had to spend 1 hour cleaning the wheels for it to be good enough.
Before

AFter =)

So he improved them alot.

also I noticed last night there i a color diffrenece in the " hue " in the fender and rest of the car, I know they are respryed but it can only be seen in side the garage light its a bit annoying but its not very much IN your face but I know it now and it bugs me :P

And last night I had my mate come over with a friend how is a body repair man and he check ALL over my car, welds seems and so on, he found NOTHING wrong with my car, which I am so happy about, because I was afraid that panels where changed etc, but he found nothing wrong or out of the ordinary only that my rear doors has " sunk" a bit but that was it

Thats about it all in all after the tires where fixed and re balanced my car handles like a DREAM love it, it was icy today but I did not notice it at all it so good to drive =D

Also Might get my rear booth and rear side left fender re sprayed cus of bad work for free.
Just wanted to let you all know how it goes

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Well having the car checked over has put your mind at ease.

So the panels have not been replaced then just resprayed?

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Well having the car checked over has put your mind at ease.

So the panels have not been replaced then just resprayed?

yes I am very happy, there is NO welds what so ever so it might only have been a light damage to bumper and so on =)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
There's one way to fix the colour variation Glac, VINYL.  :lol:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Glac, those tyres would be dangerous if all that rubber has been shed from the inside of the tyre wall.  :Shocked:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Glac, those tyres would be dangerous if all that rubber has been shed from the inside of the tyre wall.  :Shocked:

indeed mate indeed, it had been its gone now, I will buy some NEW ones i think or ask the shop to buy FOR me, because they are very old and bad condition, but yes I am glad I had this checked scary thing really the shop never knew most of this so next time  I recon they will do MORE research :P

And no there will NOT be vinyl on this car for now ;) maybe next year Might try Bronze metallic ;) will see hehhe
glac

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal