i30 Owners Club

Anita's Kona

mickd · 9 · 1750

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Well  it's off for the 1500km service tomorrow,  1530km so we've put 1500 on it.
DCT took a couple of days to get used to,  particularly reversing up our driveway as if you just put it in reverse , take foot off brake,  it sits there and does the revs and clutch for you.  Weird,  really weird.
1.6 T has plenty of mumbo in both sport & comfort mode.
2/3 throttle and it shifts at about 4000 rpm in comfort,  sweet.
Loaded it up last week and did Canberra for a couple of days,  then to Wagga for a couple of days and home via Mt Selwyn  to check out the snow.
Ride , road noise and seats are way better than GD, not as good as Santa.
235/45 r18 94 V tyres really hang on . They look really fat from the rear and give a lower pitch re road noise.
Whilst cruising along in drive , gave it a gentle spin to + 40 in 7th, and a firmer  one to + 40  which was at 5000 rpm in 4th, lifted off and it changed up to 7th.
For the thrifty , fuel shows an ave of 8L/100km. Driving has been putting around town,  a national park adventure, quick trips to Bega.
Did I mention someone having a ball in Sportmode going up Brown Mtn ?
( wasn't me, was the owner )
Only problem is the radio changes station but still shows where it was originally,
99% sure brake hose recall has been done,  find out tomorrow.
All in all, looking like a trusty all purpose unit.

At Adaminaby on way home.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Cool mate. It seems to be a winner.  :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

If Mick doesn't return after tomorrow we know that he was actually "1% sure"  :faint:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Cool mate. It seems to be a winner.  :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

If Mick doesn't return after tomorrow we know that he was actually "1% sure"  :f

:rofl:  :eek:   :faint:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good to hear Mick (and Anita) glad you like it.  I've driven a couple of Highlanders. Trish's 16" wheels give a more cosseted ride and are a bit quieter than the 18's. Trish zips around town but is generally a bit less of a lead foot than you guys so I think hers is sitting around 7 L/100 kms.

She would have loved that colour and the extra goodies like Push button start would have been nice, but she's very happy with her new little Kona too.  :happydance: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Still need to sort out the spare situation.
Hopefully her 18's fit in the hole, will remove the foamy bit.
Job for next week  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Not so much of an issue for us. I doubt Trish's car will get further than 50 kilometres from home more than a couple of times a year. Certainly won't be going off road either.. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Not so much of an issue for us. I doubt Trish's car will get further than 50 kilometres from home more than a couple of times a year. Certainly won't be going off road either..
Yeah, we can imagine the response to calling nrma/Hyundai to come change a tyre 25km in 1 of the national parks   :lol:.
Huge circumference difference between 18's and spare - book says to put it at rear - will ask today how does that work if activating awd ?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^Which means if your flat is on the front you have a major task of swapping wheels on the side of the road.  :crazy1: :crazy1:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
^Which means if your flat is on the front you have a major task of swapping wheels on the side of the road.  :crazy1: :crazy1:
Yes, double trouble  :crazy1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal