i30 Owners Club

2010 FD 1.4 comfort air con regas?

Donk10 · 4 · 5014

Offline Donk10

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West midlands
Hi guys I’ve noticed that my air con on my i30 isn’t getting cold. I tested it tonight with the windows closed and the air con on its coldest with the fan on 4, I also had the recycle button on and the temp was the same as when the a/c is off. Is it a matter of just a regas? Or could it be something more? Is there anything I can check?  as money is a little tight right now.
  • 2010 i30 comfort 1.4 petrol

Offline Donk10

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West midlands
I’ve just been outside with a torch to look at the condenser and I can see that on the bottom lip between the radiator there are several small bits of condenser grill, looking from the front of the car there is a plastic clip that supports the middle of the condenser and the bits are missing directly behind that, about an inch long. So I’m guessing this means my condenser is fooked?
  • 2010 i30 comfort 1.4 petrol

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
" Bits missing ", yeah I'd say so.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not sure how long you've had the problem but my experience from a few car brands back is that if your system is compromised and gas is gone, remove the drive belt to save your moving parts from self destructing until you get your bits repaired. The gas contains elements that lubricate the various rubber bits as well.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal