i30 Owners Club

Hey, new guy here

Guest · 11 · 2880

guest11598
Hey, just got round to joining having owned my i30 turbo 5dr for a few months now. Looking for some modification tips as im looking to increase the power and torque, the car is a little too tame at the moment  :lol:
Wondered if anyone could recommend a good exhaust middle box delete to buy like the supersprint's of yesteryear.

Only thing I have done so far is my private reg on pressed metal 6 digit plates but here's a pic.

Ps. I know it needs a good wash :sweating:

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue
Hi there, Ste-i30-turbo :D

:welcome: to the forum.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
 :welly3: 

Plenty of info around the boards to help you up your ante :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: She looks very nice. Looks like she may have been lowered?

Wouldn't you be able to get a reputable local muffler fabricator to make you up some fatter cat back muffler delete pipes?

Does that model Turbo get twin or single exhausts? We didn't get a Turbo Petrol in the GD series in Australia.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wlcome02:

An exhaust shop could make up a more efficient turbo down pipe though I’m unsure if this would affect your O2 sensors without a tune.

Unless you’re going to change the complete system from headers back then I’d only recommend changing the rear muffler to a straight through type, the middle resonator is already a straight through design and removing it won’t improve performance, and obviously the CAT can’t be removed due to law and sensors.

guest11598
I dont think it has been lowered as far as i know but its still comfortable if it has haha. Yes it has the twin pipes at the rear, ill include a photo underneath. I was hoping I wouldn't need to change the rear pipes as im happy with the way they look, just want to free up some horses and give it a more beefy sound as its a little too quiet for a sporty car. Found a place which can remap it up to 220bhp when I get the exhaust sorted. Ill have to do some research but I know of a local company who fabricate custom stainless systems. Thanks for the comments everyone :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the rear shot. Have you swapped the air filter to a K & N yet? Seems to have made a very slight difference to economy, performance and engine note in my 2017 1.6 Turbo (PD) SR.

guest11598
I haven't as of yet, its on my to do list though haha. Ill get one ordered tomorrow when im in work, hopefully will come same day but they have a habit of sending the wrong one. Better fuel economy or worse? Im only averaging 30mpg at the moment but I got 37mpg on a steady long run.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I haven't as of yet, its on my to do list though haha. Ill get one ordered tomorrow when im in work, hopefully will come same day but they have a habit of sending the wrong one. Better fuel economy or worse? Im only averaging 30mpg at the moment but I got 37mpg on a steady long run.

Sorry. That was a bit vague of me. Better by maybe .1 L/100kms, so it won't change your life...  :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal