i30 Owners Club

Autolink / blue link ? Remote engine start & AC start

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
Hi guys,
Not sure if this has been discussed here or not but it looks like in the US they have remote start their engine via Blue Link app. Also warm or cool the car 10 mins prior to getting in. Do we know if Autolink will be heading in this direction? This will be awesome!!

Link to illustrate what I'm talking about.
:link: Blue LinkĀ® Technology Features - Remote Access

Cheers
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for bring this to our attention Jayce.

I'll fire an email off to Hyundai Australia with that link and see if I get an answer. Any result I'll share in this thread.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@jaycelazatin

So here is their reply mate.. A bit disappointing really!

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your email.

Hyundai Australia have no current plans to introduce this to the Australia market.

However thank you for your feedback, I will pass this onto our product planning team for consideration for future plans and models.

Thanks

Lani
Kind regards,
Leilani Mataipule
Customer Care Officer
Hyundai Motor Company Australia

Offline Mark70

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
It is worthwhile to mention that Blue Link requires a different bluetooth module than the one (included for no additional cost) in AUS as auto-link at present.
Specificially one with cellular data capabilities, as well as a battery, if it's going to be able to receive the signal via the Internet and Cellular Data (e.g. LTE) to start the car's engine, operate the door locks, horn & lights etc.
Additionally, the celluar data service needs to be paid for, so it comes as a subscription-based service with a monthly bill of $9.90 and 3 year term.
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/bluelink/index.aspx
  • MY2018, 2017, PD, Premium, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6 Turbo, DCT, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It is worthwhile to mention that Blue Link requires a different bluetooth module than the one (included for no additional cost) in AUS as auto-link at present.
Specificially one with cellular data capabilities, as well as a battery, if it's going to be able to receive the signal via the Internet and Cellular Data (e.g. LTE) to start the car's engine, operate the door locks, horn & lights etc.
Additionally, the celluar data service needs to be paid for, so it comes as a subscription-based service with a monthly bill of $9.90 and 3 year term.
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/bluelink/index.aspx

Thanks Mark, That explains a lot. So no such thing as a free lunch then.  :undecided:

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
I talked about autolink with my Dealer, since I was interested in locating the car and he said the hyundai may introduce bluelink in the future.
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I talked about autolink with my Dealer, since I was interested in locating the car and he said the hyundai may introduce bluelink in the future.
Thanks for that info..  :goodjob:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
WOW !  FABULOUS!!!   :happydance:

Now I can simply enter my PIN to unlock my Hyundai from wherever I am.  :happydance:

And even Start, and warm the car  :happydance:

Then the app will guide me across town to where I forgot I parked it;  :happydance: :happydance:

Or, even to the place where the grateful hoons drove my open warm car and set fire to it.   :happydance: :head_butt:

Only one problem! I'm too stupid to remember where I park my car, so I could never remember my PIN?  :blubber:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sounds like this feature is coming. According to this in the local paper recently the new Sante fe Hylander has autolink premium see image attached for details 

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
:link: Hyundai Auto Link Premium App | Hyundai Australia

It seems to be Santa Fe exclusive unfortunately.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that.  I guess it's a start.. pardon the pun!   :snigger:

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
Any news about this?

Has anybody talked recently with hyundai recently about it?

How much it cost?

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Given how sketchy (useless) the autolink app is with my phone I'd be weary about using it to start my car, would prolly pull it into gear and crash it !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Given how sketchy (useless) the autolink app is with my phone I'd be weary about using it to start my car, would prolly pull it into gear and crash it !!

Know its a rat race out there BUT.. I really cant see the point in starting the car. Sure, an app to find it could help. I needed some help in London to find my way back to my car, after navigating across town using GPS.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Know its a rat race out there BUT.. I really cant see the point in starting the car. Sure, an app to find it could help. I needed some help in London to find my way back to my car, after navigating across town using GPS.

Many many years ago when I lived in Canberra and the winter morning's were a bit rugged I fitted a remote start to my old Cortina so that I could start the car whilst making a coffee.... by the time I was ready to head to work the car was toasty warm !!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Many many years ago when I lived in Canberra and the winter morning's were a bit rugged I fitted a remote start to my old Cortina so that I could start the car whilst making a coffee.... by the time I was ready to head to work the car was toasty warm !!

That was cool! Pardon the pun!  :snigger:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

SHEER LUXURY !   :clapthanks:

Many, many, many, many, years ago when I lived in NZ, we all drank tea  :sicky: then waded through snow  to our cars that had no heater and 6 volt lights; used a crank handle to start the engine, then drove to work in the dark with the all the windows down so that the windscreen wouldn't steam up.

MEN WERE MEN IN THEM DAYS :hatoff:

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

Many, many, many, many, years ago when I lived in NZ, we all drank tea  :sicky: then waded through snow  to our cars that had no heater and 6 volt lights; used a crank handle to start the engine, then drove to work in the dark with the all the windows down so that the windscreen wouldn't steam up.

Used to watch my old man do that whilst I applied my hand lotion from the warmth of the loungeroom !

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Hi - thanks to Dazzler, looks like the new N Line Premium gets this updated Autolink premium:

• MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi - thanks to Dazzler, looks like the new N Line Premium gets this updated Autolink premium:

I hadn't spotted that!  :goodjob:

Still need a phone that behaves with Autolink. Some don't seem to like it (or vice versa)  :undecided:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

And sheep were still sheep?  :happydance:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

"Well I'll be stuffed" said the sheep...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I was told the Sheep were scared :whistler:

Thick Ozzie sees Kiwi farmer having it off with his favourite ewe.
Ozzie says to the Kiwi " back home we sheer them"
Kiwi replies " You can P!*z off, I'm not sharing her with anyone."

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We must be the only website on the planet that isn't politically correct yet!  :evil: :spitty:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
We must be the only website on the planet that isn't politically correct yet!  :evil: :spitty:

All power to the rebels in our lives  :yahoo:  :drinks:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal