i30 Owners Club

15k service on i40

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Last Friday I took the i40 to Browns Plains Hyundai for its (free) 15k service.

The service itself was done without fuss. The usual attempt at add ons (tyre rotation and balance $44/Wheel alignment $44) which I declined. I did say I wanted the wheels rotated, but did not need or want them balanced. Mentioned that the A/C recirculation switched itself off with no rhyme or reason and some noise from the rear suspension area when the car flexed (up driveways over speed bumps and the like). I had asked for a loan car and received a text that one was avaliable.

The loan car apparantly was a surprise to old mate who had to go find one. A Tucson was located a short time later. Unfortunately it had obviously been previously loaned to a person with a small child, who had given them some sort of sweet biscut to eat, there were reminants of this through the car, and the sweet smell lingered in the air. The car itself was quite dirty outside as well. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so took it without complaint but as my wife points out, the real reason of a loan car is to give you exposure to a new model in the hope you might buy one in the future. Letting one go in this condition leaves a negative impression....

Got the car back, tyres rotated for free which was a bonus. Unexpectedly none of the faults pointed out by me were located by their mechanics they apparantly put some effort in to finding them though they did a grand total of 7k in the car (They did say they left it running for 45 minutes which I can neither prove or disprove).

When I got home I noticed that one of my wheels had been scratched, I assume by the wheel nut gun, so that was a nice surprise. Again try proving they did it...

I guess you get what you pay for.... Total cost $0
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that mate. Sorry to hear about your wheel!  :crazy1:

Yeah, most of these places just don't get it do they!

Ten percent extra effort and a bit more attention to detail would have made a big difference. :disapp:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Last Friday I took the i40 to Browns Plains Hyundai for its (free) 15k service.

The service itself was done without fuss. The usual attempt at add ons (tyre rotation and balance $44/Wheel alignment $44) which I declined. I did say I wanted the wheels rotated, but did not need or want them balanced. Mentioned that the A/C recirculation switched itself off with no rhyme or reason and some noise from the rear suspension area when the car flexed (up driveways over speed bumps and the like). I had asked for a loan car and received a text that one was avaliable.

The loan car apparantly was a surprise to old mate who had to go find one. A Tucson was located a short time later. Unfortunately it had obviously been previously loaned to a person with a small child, who had given them some sort of sweet biscut to eat, there were reminants of this through the car, and the sweet smell lingered in the air. The car itself was quite dirty outside as well. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so took it without complaint but as my wife points out, the real reason of a loan car is to give you exposure to a new model in the hope you might buy one in the future. Letting one go in this condition leaves a negative impression....

Got the car back, tyres rotated for free which was a bonus. Unexpectedly none of the faults pointed out by me were located by their mechanics they apparantly put some effort in to finding them though they did a grand total of 7k in the car (They did say they left it running for 45 minutes which I can neither prove or disprove).

When I got home I noticed that one of my wheels had been scratched, I assume by the wheel nut gun, so that was a nice surprise. Again try proving they did it...

I guess you get what you pay for.... Total cost $0
I would report the scratched wheel, first rotation, brand new car. Then  if they squeal write a letter to Hyundai. Not your first Hyundai purchase is it!

they'll fix it alright as goodwill, you've got leverage.

I had a Mitsubishi dealer take the paint off in the engine bay with a gearbox replacement. they had it professionally painted. Then the box was replaced again, Another scratch, made them fix that too!

:exclaim:

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal