i30 Owners Club

Odd FYI in case you have this issue...car wont start, LCD dash blinking

Offline Shayneox

• 2nd Gear

• South Korea
My little LCD in the dash, the one that shows doors open and miles and stuff, kept blinking off and on and twitching. It did that for a month or so and I accepted it and figured I'd change it when it goes out. Then one day the car wouldnt start..think battery, jump it and it works....happens again next day, jump and it works.
Finally take it in as battery is new and under warranty.....turns out the starter was bad....and after it was repalced the dash worked normal again.

How the heck does the bad starter affect the dang dash??!!  Why did the starter work when jumped by another car or battery pack, but not on its own with new battery.... No idea. But all is good now.  Weird.....  Just sharing my experience.

Have a good day......oh and new starter and labor was only $160 U.S. , here in South Korea.  In case you wanted to know.

Cheers.

• 2010 i30CW

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing. As you say odd, but at least you got a happy ending.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I think the 2 will be unrelated however voltage fluctuations may have  somehow impacted on the LEDs,

You may want to read my instrument cluster backlight repair. Yours may be on th eway out, time will tell
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Shayneox

• 2nd Gear

• South Korea
Thanks, will look up the repair and get what I need now so when it does happen, Ill have it on hand.

• 2010 i30CW

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal