i30 Petrol Economy

Tklls · 32 · 10300

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just got a 2 year  old i30 tourer 1.6 petrol 6 speed manual. Nearly didn't after reading some of the horror stories here! But am very pleased. Feels really solid even over all our pot-holes. No creaks / rattles. (Has only done 13,000 miles). But economy is amazing. Only do 8 mile trips twice per day (so didn't want DPF diesel. And I bet our govnt do something nasty about diesel pollution by end of year.)
But keeping up with traffic but with a light right foot, trip computer giving me 43mpg on mix of town and country. Brim to brim fill up actually 46. So who needs diesel? Should add I've been using Shell V power last 3 tanks. Will switch back to standard soon to check

:welcome: What horror stories? :Shocked: I got my wife a 1.6 Petrol 6 speed Manual Tourer 8 months ago because the euro built tourer appears to be one of the most reliable and well finished models so far!  :Knock:

About the only issue the tourer has had is warping roof rails which will be a fairly painless warranty fix! Yes, the 1.6 GDi manual is very economical!  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Stuwoolf

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      A wee town south of Glasgow
Just filled up (approx 51 ltrs) from/to a full tank.

According to computer I got 40 mpg. 95% urban roads. To and from work -12 miles round trip and other similarly short journeys with a single 50 miler on motorway thrown in.

Reasonably content with this. Will see how it goes this month :)
  • 2014, i30, 5 Door Hatch, 1.4 Active, Petrol, 6 Speed Manual, Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal