i30 Owners Club

New radio & new speakers

Offline niuniek0773

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Poland
So Hi again :)
What type of car loudspeaker I can install and what you think about this "blaupunkt GTB-8200A" ? :) I want to remowe all "high tones" speakers but It is possible with standard radio?
  • hyundai i30 2007 110km 1.4 ver.Korean

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Your current stereo should have tone adjustment settings to turn down the treble which is what you are wanting I think, adding more bass can soften the effect of treble to somewhat but you don't want to tune treble right out because you'll end up with an unnatural sound.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes, why do you want to eliminate the high frequencies. As stated, you can cut them using the sound settings.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline niuniek0773

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Poland
no no no xD you don't understand me :D I want to change speakers to SONY or BLAUPUNKT :)
  • hyundai i30 2007 110km 1.4 ver.Korean

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That means the tweeters. Any speaker will work with any radio provided the impedance and wattage is within spec. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Then the choice is up to you and the quality of your listening ear to the sound that you prefer, tbh you would be better looking at online reviews for each of the products you are interested in.

My only advice I can give which was gained through friends whom have worked in car audio all their working lives is "Rockford Fosgate" do the best Sub's and "MB Quart" tweeters and midrange speakers are the best you can have ( these are equivalent to Bower & Wilkens home audio )

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal