i30 Owners Club

CRD tuning box faulty?

p.m20 · 17 · 8308

Offline p.m20

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hello,
I recently bought a tuning box off crd-tuning.de after the glowing reviews i30ownersclub members gave and it finally arrived today. Unfortunately after hours of trying, the engine just refused to start with the box attached. To top it off I now have the 'service' light on. My first question is if anyone has had this same problem and if they were able to rectify it at all. My second question.. is my warranty now screwed?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome to the club...Just go to the dealer and play dumb (Hide the box 1st though)  :wink:

Does it still seem to run ok.. (What do the Tuning box suppliers say??)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hopefully you attached the box to the right connector on the fuel rail (iirc there is a choice of two).

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Does the new wiring fit into the existing wiring only one way?......or can you rotate the connection on the new wiring 180 degrees and have it still fit?

With the tuning box that I have (a different brand), a test module with a light came as part of the kit. Once the wiring was connected, the module with the light was plugged-in. (This module connects into the same place that the tuning box connects into).

You turn on the ignition and if the connection is the right way around, the module lights up to tell you that it is fitted the right way around. Then you can then take off the light module and fit the tuning box. If it is connected the wrong way up ie. 180 degrees from the correct way, then the light doesn't light up with the ignition on and I assume that the engine won't start either.

Did you get a  test module with a light with your tuning box to enable you to ensure that the wiring was made correctly?

Good luck.

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
I had a service light warning the first time I got the tuning box and the tuning box was shot as I think that I had accidentally connected it 180 degrees out of sync. Also if your tuning box is adjustable, make sure that it is in the right range as that will also cause problems. If the service light still persists, try an ecu reset by disconnecting the battery terminals for around 30min or so and then reconnect it...but you were supposed to disconnect the tuning box somewhere in there..either it is before or after you disconnect the terminals..hopefully someone can help as I don't remember what I did when I ran into that problem!

Offline p.m20

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey again.
The wiring only fits one way from what i can see, its a pretty straight forward plug out-plug in sort of thing and unfortunately there are no test lights i can use. As for the the suppliers, i am still without any email back. Shambles, I did connect the box to the other connector on the fuel rail at first and realised it was not the one shown on the instructions  :neutral:, but I dont understand why that would render the box useless, especially since it did plug in just fine. Howeve, thankfully the service light is now off and everything seems to be running smoothly. Thankyou for all the help guys!

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Cant say I've heard of crd-tuning.de, but its good that your car is running. When I turned one of my connectors 180degrees the car started just fine, but I lacked throttle control. In other words it kept idling even though I had my foot to the floor. This remark serves to prove that the connectors can go in the other way.

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia

the connectors can go in the other way.

Thanks for that info, Eyecon. I wasn't sure and it's good to know.

Offline p.m20

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
oh btw... crd-tuning.de has still not responded to any of the multiple emails i have sent them. i cant say i would recommend these guys to anyone   :mad: :mad:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

oh btw... crd-tuning.de has still not responded to any of the multiple emails i have sent them. i cant say i would recommend these guys to anyone   :mad: :mad:

:idea: Send them another email with a link to this thread.. Head it something like "Are you concerned about your reputation?"  :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Ask them using Deutsche words
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

mick55

Arschloch is a good Deutsch word, you may need to use it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Arschloch is a good Deutsch word, you may need to use it.

The a$$holes should be able to understand that  :rofl:

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
I'm with you Dazzler. Hit them with the reputation slant, and then threaten go onto other diesel auto forums (eg Mercedes, VW, Toyota, BMW, etc) to make them aware of your grievance.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I wonder if p.m20 ever heard back from crd-tuning.de?  :-\

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Send him a PM please rusty  :idea: :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal